Maui - Four Seasons Pool

Search

Maui - Four Seasons Pool

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2007, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui - Four Seasons Pool

Please tell me what you thought of the Four Seasons Pool in Maui. The resort looks wonderful but the pool seems to be small and not have the extra touches the other pools at the resorts in Wailea have.
Thaks.
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 03:37 PM

We enjoyed the pool at the Four Seasons. It isn’t anything exotic or exciting, no water slides, etc. It is actually a pretty quiet, calm atmosphere. While it is small, it was never crowded while we were there (late September). The thing that really sets it apart is the service. You can choose a cabana; the pool attendants will set up towels, ice water, etc. and be available all day for service. They are constantly refilling your water, asking if the can get you drinks from the bar, lunch, etc. It’s pretty much about quiet pampering. And you are right, the resort is fabulous. I’m sure it’s even better after the remodel.
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 03:52 PM

There is an adult pool and a children's pool. The children's pool has a small and tasteful slide - that's it for play.

The adult pool is a beautiful and peaceful pool with a fountain in the middle if you just want to stand and let the water fall on you. The lounges and cabanas were fun for our family. We were spritzed with Evian, poured glass after glass of ice water with lemons to drnk, fed frozen fruit and popscicles - all for free. You can order whatever drinks and food you want for a charge. The pool boys are kind and professional. It's not the Wailea Grand area so don't expect a wild party atmosphere or screaming kids. You'll find serenity and a lovely pool. Oh, the jacuzzis are nice, too!
Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 12:01 PM

To me, the pool is the biggest (and perhaps the only) disappointment at the Four Seasons. Fortunately, I'm not much of a pool person and usually use the beach, but the first time I was there, I was extremely suprised at the size and scope of the pool. I felt like the chairs were all crowded around a very small pool, considering the size of the resort. Yes, they do have the small touches you'd expect and available cabanas to get some shade, but there's still no escaping the fact that the pool is very underwhelming for such a world class resort.
With that said, I continue to go back...
Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
sistahlou

Well, to me the pool at GW is a madhouse nightmare, and the pool at the Kea Lani, other than the adult pool, were surrounded by dingy cement and tourist litter. By the end of the day the place was trashed.

So, knowing that the simplicity of 4S is an oasis.