Reload this Page >

Maui condo's in Kihei area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Lynne

Planning trip to Maui in Dec. for two weeks. Family with 3 kids (14,13&8).Have gotten info on some condo's in Kihei area. Can anyone give me some info on this area? How are the beaches? Has anyone experienced problems with renting condo's from private owner's? Any suggestions on where to stay? Any info appreciated. Thanks, Lynne

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Lynn

Lynne, we stayed at the Sugar Beach Resort in September 2001 and loved it. We did not rent directly from an owner, but rather used a travel agent and got a complete package (condo, rental car, and airfare) through Apple Tours.

We loved the location--North Kihei, right on the beach, nice property. There was excellent snorkeling directly in front of the resort--we saw giant sea turtles and dolphins along with many beautiful smaller fish and coral. I'd recommend the place to anyone. We had a one-bedroom unit, but there are two-bedroom units available as well that should suit your family. The resort is located in a cove, and we talked with others staying at the resort who had also stayed there in December in previous years and had seen many whales (some with their "babies") right from their balconies.

I'd recommend you look into this resort; I know some of their units are available directly from owners if you'd prefer to handle it that way. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 12:43 PM
e

We're big fans of the Mana Kai(on the Kihei/Wailea border), great views, great beach, great lunch and dinner restaurant AND they have 2Br units at a low price. If price is no object opt for Kaanapali Alii or the Whaler both at Kaanapali(near Lahaina).

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Becky

Definitely try vacationspot.com

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Postal

I've had good luck with vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner) and that way you get to see the actual unit you'll be renting. If you go through a travel agency or a rental company, you never know what kind of unit you're going to get.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Gale

You might want to try Grand Champions in Wailea. It's slightly more expensive than a condo in Kihei but worth every penny of the difference and more. The units are very large, beautifully decorated, and the complex has 2 pools and jacuzzi areas and BBQs. You can get a list of names and phone numbers of owners who rent directly from the management office at 808-874-3700. Do a little homework and you'll find Wailea is great and Grand Champions is not much more expensive than some Kihei condos.
Have a great stay! (If you're planning on visiting during the holidays I'd suggest you not wait too long to book as lots are already gone.