Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're going to the Waiohai Beach Club in Kauai. Has anyone been there? I understand it's fairly new. we'd appreciate any info on the loding, grounds, location..etc. Thanks.
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 08:40 AM

Stayed there in May as part of a promotion. It was great. Units are brand new and are about 1000sq ft+. Nice pool area with hot tub. Beach is also nice. There is still construction going on (which we had a direct view of from our patio) but it wasn't that big of a deal.

The location is also good. Quite a few restaurants in the area and there is a shopping village with grocery store about 5 minutes away.
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 04:24 PM

I am booked for a stay in a two bedroom "villa" in about three weeks, using rewards points. I was told that most of the construction is indoor finishing type work. I will post here when I get back. When is your trip?
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:29 PM

We just spent a week there in July. We really loved it. The units are gorgeously decorated and are very spacious. The full kitchen is nicely done with cherry cabinets and granite countertops. There are also lots of grills available to grill out. We had an oceanview unit. The beach is very nice and there is pretty good snorkeling around the reef there. We saw large turtles everyday and also saw monk seals frequently. The main pool area is very pretty with waterfalls and nice landscaping and it is not crowded at all. There is a Marketplace where you can get sandwiches and coffee. There is a second shallow pool with lounge chairs around it that overlooks the beach. We loved sitting there. There are lots of palm trees and a grassy lawn area with chairs and it is easy to find a shady area. We like the Poipu area and stayed at the Hyatt Regency last trip. There are nice restaurants nearby. The construction going on now is not noticeable. They are doing inside finishing work at present, but there are plans to add a third pool and that should begin shortly I believe. It is VERY quiet there and our 3 teens were a little bored and very happy to leave for Maui where there was a lot more going on. My husband and I were quite content though. We stayed here as part of a promotion. Parking is underground and was free! Kauai is gorgeous and so is the Marriott Waiohai. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 02:07 PM

Thanks Mauitammy! Now I feel more sure of my choice, I didn't have much to go on since the place is fairly new. It sounds great to me, and if my boys are bored they will get over it!
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 04:06 PM

topping
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 05:07 PM

Mary2go, If you are afraid that your teenagers will be bored, you can get a lot of good local info. from the lifeguards at poipu beach!(right around the bend from the Waiohai). They can tell you what is happening around the island and where are the best spots to snorkel. (Hint) If you buy them a shave ice at the store right across the street from poipu beach, you may get on their good side, and when they're off duty you can ask Roy to take you out to the far reef. Ask them about the large tiger shark that patrols out there! Also talk to as many locals as possible to get the "inside scoop" for places to do & see. Have a great time!!!!!
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the tip Kahuna...if my 16 year old drives me crazy I will have him taken out & fed to the shark!
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. We'll be going April of 2004. If anyone goes before, please keep me updated.