Marriott Vacation Club Int'l

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2004, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had any experience using these invites? I receive them all of the time - the latest is 5Days/4Nights for $499 in St. Thomas - plus a bunch of incentives - one comp night & $75 in "freebies". I know that it is a timeshare pitch but I am just curious as to how aggresive they are and what how the rest of your vaca goes if you don't buy......
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 02:33 PM

Go and ask this question at the Timeshare Users Group (TUG) Website at
WWW.TUG2.NET Plenty of savvy people there who are willing to help. You must register but you do not have to join unless you want to access the Members Only sections.
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 04:50 PM

I took advantage of the Marriott Vacation Club trip to Oahu last June and it was a great deal. The condo was beautiful and the pitch was very low key and they were very willing to accept no the first time.
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 05:25 PM

My husband and I did the Marriott Vacation Club trip to Aruba in July, 2003. We had 5 nights plus an extra comp night and $100 gift card to use at certain spots on the island (we got a couples massage at the Renaissance Resort's private island). I can't remember exactly what we paid - it was somewhere around $600. We wanted to stay 7 nights total, so we were able to purchase an extra night at a very discounted rate. The timeshare pitch was the day before we left to go back home, and it was no big deal. We knew going in that we would say no. We told them no once, and that was it. The timeshare presentation was over, and our time remaining there was perfectly fine. We thought we got a fabulous deal!
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 07:17 PM

I'm in agreement with the posts above. We took advantage of one of these offers at their (at the time) new property on Kauai. The deal was straightforward, and there was no pressure. They gave us a bunch of incentives, like $$$ to spend at the resort. I'd do it again, but I guess we're no longer on the mailing list.
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your info - the certs that I got in the mail are good thru December' 05 so I will definately keep them! I also receive similar invites from Hyatt - most recently Hyatt Windward Pointe Resort in Key West. The prices are right but I always envisioned the Mexico TimeShare nightmares so I never seriously considered them - though now I will. Thank you all again.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 04:21 PM

My husband and I did one of these promos - great deal, low pressure. We would do it again in a heartbeat. Our friends ended up buying and love the time share
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 04:29 PM

We are doing the timeshare promo for Hilton Head in April thru Marriott, have never done but am now looking forward to it thanks to the above posts!!