Marriot Vacation Club Promo

Mar 18th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Marriot Vacation Club Promo

I just got this little postcard in the mail offering 5 days and 4 nights at the Marriot Frenchman's Reef on St. Thomas for $299, IF my husband and I attend a 90 minute presentation at their new Frenchman's Cove resort. Has anyone ever taken advantage of one of these deals? We are not interested in purchasing,and probably if this offer hadn't arrived on a cold windy day I would have most likely tossed it into the woodstove. But now I am somewhat intrigued. What do you think??? thanks, Ruth in Maine.
Mar 18th, 2006, 11:48 AM

We have done two Marriott Vacation Club previews to Hawaii, both experiences were wonderful. Not a high pressure sale.
Mar 21st, 2006, 10:22 AM

We did it in Phoenix for the newly opened Desert Ridge. No pressure at all, nice presentation, and done in a way that really tempts one to buy. My biggest concern with the whole thing was the annual maintenance fees. However, the 90 minutes was enjoyable and we did get a $100 hotel credit for doing it. If you can get 4 nights for $299 for 90 minutes go for it! After all it is Marriott and not a bunch of oily timeshare snakes.
Mar 21st, 2006, 02:25 PM

We stayed at the Marriott on Kauai this past June to take advantage of the timeshare deal, and we were very pleased. The condo was great (new, 2 bedrooms, granite countertops, washer/dryer, etc.) and it was financially a great deal.

We felt that they had a pretty high pressure sales presentation (they brought in the "manager" after we said no to the first salesman), but we still said no, and eventually they quit tryihng to talk us into buying.

I would absolutely take this offer again if it was offered. Just make sure you notice the time when the salesman starts talking to you, so you know when you've met the 90-minute agreement.
Mar 22nd, 2006, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the input, I'll post a report if we do indeed go. Ruth