Marriott Point Travel

Mar 24th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Marriott Point Travel

I am helping a co-worker plan a Hawaii trip, and he wants to use his Marriott points. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Which Marriott is the nicest? They want to spend a few days on Oahu, and then another island. Thanks!!
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:46 PM

The JW Marriott is not near Waikiki. It's at the other end of the island with not too much aorund. But the hotel is nicer than the Marriott in Waikiki which is not on the beach. It's across the street. But, the Waikiki Marriott is in a good location.
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:47 PM

Maui Marriott is great and its in a superb location(middle of Kaanapali Beach). If you have points, its a no-brainer.
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:52 AM

The Maui Marriott is half timeshare and half under construction to become timeshare. You may prefer the Renaissance or Outrigger in Wailea. The outrigger is run by Marriott. We went to Maui Marriott in Nov and really liked it but thought it was crowded while the surrounding resorts were quiet. I think the fact that it is a timeshare makes it high occupancy most of the time.

The Kauai Marriott is really beautiful. Though half is timeshare the other half is hotel. Though this is a timeshare web site you can see the pictures of this hotel http://www.kauai1.com/Marriott_Timeshares.htm
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:53 PM
iceeu2

We just stayed 7 nights at the Marriott on Kauai (the vacation club part). It was super. Had a 1 br oceanfront suite with 2 baths. Check out the vacation club resorts on their website. They are very good with their descriptions and photos. Be sure to go to the vacation clubs international part and not the hotel part. They will give you a nice gift to go on a timeshare presentation, but no hard sell. Hubby and I told them up front that we owned timeshare already and the stock market had us financially embarassed at the moment. The sales girl was great, did her job, but had us in and out with our gift in less than half hour. Definitely go to Kauai. They also have a new one the Waiohai (i think) on the south shore of Kauai.

Mar 27th, 2003, 02:06 PM

I like the Hawaii Mariotts!!

The Marriott Kauai is really lovely, beautiful bay with calm waves for swimming, gorgeous grounds, giant pool.

The Marriott Waikiki Beach is right across from the beach, has a recent multi-million dollar renovation, and some great views. Tons of stuff to do within walking distance.

I love the Marriott/Outrigger Wailea on Maui. Sprawling grounds, gorgeous upscale neighborhood, very peaceful.
Some prefer the Marriott in Kaanapali, it's in a densely packed area, lots of action, fun spot.

Mar 27th, 2003, 08:52 PM

Another option is the Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua, Maui. Surprisingly they accept Marriott Rewards points. Was trying to book the Renaissance Wailea, couldn't use points at the time, and the Ritz came up as one of the alternatives. The location & hotel are beautiful but meal prices astronomical. We found other places to dine.