Marriott Marco Island

Search

Marriott Marco Island

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2003, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marriott Marco Island

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott since the renovation was completed? Is the renovation completed? What are the new restaurants like? Did they redo the rooms?
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 01:16 PM

What does "ttt" mean?
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 01:25 PM

ttt means "to the top". Hilda has posted that to bring this thread back to the top of the list as it had sunk way down without any replies.
Actually hilda I've been seeing this question on here every week or so. I'm not sure if you are the one or others have been posting the same question, but in any case it never seems to get a reply. I guess no one has stayed there since the remodeling?
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Actually, this was the first time I posted the question. We're trying to decide if this property is worth the money for a late March trip. The Marriott web site discusses renovation.
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 05:06 PM

OK, Hilda I couldn't stand this not being answered, so I just called them. According to the person I talked with the renovation will continue until May, but the work in the building itself will be completed by early March at the latest. All the rooms have been redone except the lanai rooms, which will be redone at a later date. No new restuarants have been added, the existing ones have been remodeled and menus changed. The work to be completed during the time you would be there is all "landscape and work on the tennis courts across the street".

Frankly, I'd call them direct and question them about the work and push for an extra discount. I am sure their business has been off significantly due to the contruction and since it is behind schedule (was supposed to be totally done by now) they ought to offer you a special price. But I would not take one of the undone lanai rooms. It's a huge hotel, which I generally regard as a convention facility, but it really does have the premier offerings in Marco.