Marco: Marriott versus Hilton

Aug 8th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Marco: Marriott versus Hilton

My extended family (four couples with lots of kids, ages 2 - 12) is planning a get-together next February on Marco Island.
We narrowed it down to the Hilton or the Marriott. The Hilton is cheaper, and the Marriott seems to have a much nicer pool area, though it is very hard to tell about the pools from the respective websites.

Does anyone know how these hotels compare? Any info is appreciated. Other suggestions of hotels in the area with nice pools are also welcome, though places like the Ritz, La Playa, etc, are too pricey. We're looking to spend at most $300-350 per night for each room; less is better.

Thanks! -- Mike

Aug 8th, 2003, 07:21 AM

I have not stayed at the Marriott but has stayed at the Radisson and Hilton. I dont think you can go wrong with either. Both have nice pools and the beach is the same. I would definitely look at the Radisson as they sometimes have better prices ans they do offer 1 and 2 bedroom suites with kitchens.
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:42 AM

We stayed at the Marriott over Easter and were very happy with it.
Aug 9th, 2003, 03:17 AM

I stayed at this Marriott several weeks ago for a business trip. Also had been there a few years ago. Many renovations and the addition of a spa have upgraded the hotel significantly. There are 2 pools, one with slides that the kids seem to gravitate towards. There is also a small deli where kids can get snacks and pizza. The rooms are lovely, the best having balconies on the beach side.There are several restaurants and a coffee shop.
If I were bringing kids, I would bring them here because there's lots to do for children.
Aug 11th, 2003, 05:55 AM

When we stayed at the Hilton a couple of years ago, it was the nicest hotel in Marco. The Marriot has been refurbished, so it must be nicer than it was. I know you would love the Hilton, but I remember the Marriott as being more family oriented. We thought the Radisson was very shabby.
Aug 11th, 2003, 10:06 AM

My husband & I stayed @the Hilton last November.
It was very nice, with a pool your kids would really enjoy. There was a poolside snack bar w/plenty of seating also. The staff was excellent and recommended great seafood restaurants w/waterside seating all around Marco.
The Hilton was beautiful and we would return, next time w/our kids. The Gulf is the real draw there. We never entered the pool, just stayed on the beach and bought some inner tubes which we floated on in the Gulf all day. It was great!
BTW ~ We strolled through the Radisson and I agree w/lindam.
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:26 AM

Recently spent 5 days at the Hilton (August 2003). It was in a great position and the pool was nice. Our room on the second floor was rather shabby and dingy but it was very large. All the rooms are the same shape...long and thin with a window and balcony at the far end. This leads to the rooms being quite dark. We did chat with a lady who had stayed at both hotels though and she preferred the Hilton as it was on a smaller scale. There was some large scale building going on at the Marriot which should be completed by the time you are going.

Search this Thread