Manoa Falls security ???

Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manoa Falls security ???

Hello; I have been hearing that there is a concern about security when leaving your car for the Manoa Falls hike. Is this a major concern or just a normal security issue? Thanks so much.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 01:08 AM

It is just a normal security issue.

Don't leave any valuables in the car. Don't hold things in the air and then put htem back into the car or trunk. If you need to put something in or get something out of the trunk, do it before you get to the parking area.

The few free parking spots that were right at the trailhead are not there anymore.

Now you have no choice but to park at the lower lot at the old Paradise Park, now Treetops Restaurant for $5. If you park in the upper lot (for the restaurant) your car may get towed.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Great information. Thanks very much!
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 06:30 AM

When we were there last July, the lot was being watched like a hawk by a nervous man who collected the $5. We barely got out of the car when he ran up yelling, "you have to pay!, this is not free!" So, I actually felt like he was the best 'security' anyone could ask for! ...But carried my belongings in my back pack anyway.
Old Feb 10th, 2007, 05:12 PM

we just went today. The money taker man was very nice and even had bug spray out for patrons to use...for free! after paying for parking. when we got back to the lot after the hike, I didn't see him anywhere, but he must have been around because he appeared really fast. I think it's probably pretty safe.