Search

Manhattan to NYCB Westbury

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manhattan to NYCB Westbury

Hi all,

I will be in New York in April and have just found out that Frankie Valli is doing a gig in Westbury while I am there.

What are the transport options for getting from the Washington Square Hotel in Greenwich Village to the NYCB Theatre in Westbury. Was thinking train to get there and cab to get back. The show starts at 8pm, not sure when it will finish. I know it would be cheaper to get the train back but am concerned about safety at that time of night as we are 2 ladies travelling together.

Many thanks in advance.

Lynn
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 03:24 AM

Even if you take the train you will still have to get a cab to and fro the train station - and this is an area with VERY limited public transit. I would shop around for car rental rates and drive - I think it would cost less than a car service from WEtbury back to Manhattan - plus the train fare and cab to WEstbury.

If you decide to take the train and cab there be sure to take a train early enough. These suburban train stations typically have 2 or 3 cabs at the most and you may have a wait for cab to get to the venue. To get back to Manhattan book a car service in advance. Dial 7 or Carmel are large and reliable - and you will know the fare in advance (but remember it is plus toll and 20% tip. If you to take a local cab it could take forever to get one and the fare is whatever they choose to charge.
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 04:54 AM

Check on trains to both Westbury and Hicksville. The theater is about the same distance from these two stations. Hicksville station is larger and has more trains stopping there.
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your advice. We have decided to go for the train there and back and have booked the tickets for the show.
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 02:23 PM

In that case be sure that you arrange the return trip from Westbury to the train station at the time you arrive - or it could be a very long wait. And do check train schedules. I think Hicksville has more frequent trains - perhaps every 30 minutes or so.
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks nYtraveler.

Any idea what sort of time the shows at Westbury finish, obviously we would need to give the cab driver a time to collect us or would they know roughly when the shows finish?
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 04:57 PM

I would contact the theater to ask them about the time of the show--it would vary from artist to artist.