Search

Mamma Mia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Sylvia

Mamma Mia

Are there more one group of performers performs Mamma Mia? I went to their website. When I click on us tour-Memphis, TN, Mamma Mia will performs there in Sept., 2002.

Also, I will be in NY Aug 10 to Aug 14. Please advise whether I will find discount ticket for the Mamma Mia.

Thank you!

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Howard

If I understand your first question, the answer is that there is more than one company of Mamma Mia in North America--one on NY, one in Toronto (I think), at least one other on the road.
To answer your second question, there's absolutely no chance of discount tickets for the show in New York for the foreseeable future. In fact, be happy if you can get any tickets at all so soon.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 07:07 PM
JJ

I've seen the show in Toronto and I eagerly await the NYC show. I enjoyed it. I agree with Howard that you'll have to pay full price.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 07:15 PM
p.

Abba turned down an enormous sum to do another tour, one of the girls is now a near recluse apparently. Still, the guys (or one of them) came up with Mamma Mia so they're making out like bandits anyway. I hope it comes somewhere close to us, it's great stuff.
Hope you get your tickets,
p.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 07:58 PM
p.

P.S. My wife just told me they're going to set up a show in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay to run indefinitely, starting early next year. Sounds like a weekend trip for sure !
Cheers
p.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Sylvia

Thank you for the answer. I am going to get the tickets now.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 02:55 AM
Debby

Saw Mamma Mia in Chi last yr in Aug just before closing (it's coming back) and then in NYC in Dec---love the show---standing--tickets right at Theatre--$30. Get standing almost always--can move around more/easier on back pain--less $.