Magic in Las Vegas

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 05:25 PM
Kay

Magic in Las Vegas

Does anyone know of any inexpensive but goo magic shows in Las Vegas? We want to avoid the glitzy David Copperfield Seigfreid and Roy type thing. I seem to remember hearing about some free tickets for such shows in a fun book. Do you know which fun book?
Thanks

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 05:28 PM
ShowGirl

I have heard that the Lance Burton show is great. It was playing at the Monte Carlo the last I checked. If you want cheap or free that is exactly what you will get. Lance is probably not cheap but from what I have heard worth the price.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 12:33 PM
Linda

Lance Burton is wonderful. Also Melissa. Both are much more reasonable than S&R.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:21 PM
brian

i got back from Vegas today. DON'T SEE LANCE BURTON, 1.5 hour show 30 minutes of it was a funny comedian. lance was kids play, dumb stuff, the fee stuff in Vegas beat this waste of $54.95, pitiful.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:07 PM
Howard

Hi,

Try Mac King at Harrahs they usually are giving away tickets or great discounts at the Carnival Court outside Harrahs he is very funny and his magic is very good. Great time minimum expense ( drinks).
Hope you enjoy anytime in vegas is a good time as far as I am concerned.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:20 PM
Ani

3 Words...Ceasar's Magical Empire. Not only is it great magic, several different shows but also dinner -with your own personal wizard/magician/comedian. Check out their info on the Caesars website.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:50 PM
Mrs. D.

We're watching Lance Burton on our first trip to Vegas --- heard he's great!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 03:20 AM
x

Whatever you do, do not see Melinda First lady of Magic. It was horrible!!!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:48 AM
hector

Rick Thomas is an afternoon show at the Tropicana. Usually, out in front of the Trop, there is a "spin the wheel" for all adults entering the hotel. You can go through several times a day and try to win Rick Thomas tickets, I'd say about every 5th person or so wins. And some people who win toss their tickets to the ground or give them away to bystanders.

Our kids are so jaded, they barely enjoyed this show, just kept yawning and saying how everything was "just an illusion" or that they knew how it was done. So many special effects etc in the movies today, it is hard to impress a kid these days.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:31 AM
annie

Kay:
I won tickets to just the show hector just mentioned. Two free spins on the machines outside the Tropicana and we scored free tickets to Rick Thomas and the Follies Bergere.
I enjoyed the Rick Thomas Show. Afternoon shows at 2 and 4 PM. Tickets are about 17 dollars if you don't win them
I am not as "jaded" as Hector's kids, though...I still believe in Magic!