Mackinaw City Beachfront Hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just started planning our first trip to Michigan. Is anyone familiar with the Super 8 Beachfront Hotel in Mackinaw City? I've just been able to find 2 reviews on Trip Advisor and they were both negative. Maybe that's why they're rates are so cheap. Any advice?
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 03:56 AM

I've never stayed at the Super 8, so I can't comment. But my family has been going to Mackinaw City for a weekend nearly every year for about the last 10 years. We always stay at the Clearwater Lakeshore Motel. It's a family run place with wonderful views of the Mackinac Bridge. Make sure to ask for a lakefront room, since they have a few that aren't on the lake. Here's a website with some photos.

http://www.mackinawcityclearwater.com/index.html
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Be advised that this hotel is not on the water, it is across the street from the water and your view of the Straits and Bridge is through trees and around another motel and the Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse. Not a bad location, but not what you may be expecting from the name beachfront.

If you haven't found it already, http://www.mackinawcity.com/accommodations/main.phtml is a great place to compare Mackinaw City motels and prices.

Keith
mightymac.org
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for responding. Pat, I will check into the Clearwater. We'll be going the third week in June and my kids insist on being on the beach. Do you know what their rates run at that time of year?

Keith, I think there are 2 Super 8's in Mackinaw City one is called Super 8 Beachfront and is apparently next to the Best Western Dockside and the other is called Super 8 Bridge View I think. Is that the one your talking about? I did go to mackinawcity.com and found that the Super 8 beachfront had the best rates. I will probably book it to have a backup and do more research. Thanks again and I will probably be back for more information. This site has been a great help already.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 02:23 PM

You are quite right. I forgot about the second Super 8.

Keith
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 05:27 PM

I'm not sure what their rates are in June but last year we stayed 2 nights, the Friday night and Saturday night of Labor Day weekend, and our total bill was $270.