Search

Ocean City, MD Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2005, 03:10 PM
d
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ocean City, MD Hotels

Haven't stayed at a hotel in Ocean City for a number of years. Where's a great place to stay? Interested in ocean front and a place with really nice rooms. Thanks.
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 09:42 AM
d
Original Poster

I read the other posts and there's not much info--any help would be appreciated!
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 10:45 AM

I have stayed at the Dunes Manor and think it meets your criteria. Service/food may not be up to the quality of the property or of its all-oceanfront-room design, but I gather this mostly from the Tripadvisor reviews rather than my personal experience, which was fine in all respects. Check out the reviews at that site, pro and con.

Twentysomethings probably don't like the Victorian decor of the public areas, but I'm not twentysomething and was neutral to it. What I liked most was that the room was set up so you can listen to the ocean from your bed, which seems to be rare in mid_atlantic beachfront hotels for some reason.
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 10:46 AM

Although I live close to Ocean City, I have never stayed there myself...so cannot give you a great deal of info. however, we have just paid for daughter and Grandson to stay there for a few days. I was amazed at the prices. She has just returned from the Commander. It is one of the older hotels which has been refurbished. She said it was wonderful. Right on the boardwalk and in the middle of everything. Indoor and outdoor pools. restaurant overlooking the water. they were in one of the cabana rooms which she said was enormous...fridge,micro and toaster.
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 05:01 PM

I've also talked to someone who was very pleased with her stay at the Commander. She hasn't stayed at the Dunes Manor, and I haven't stayed at the Commander, so neither of us can really compare the two.

The Commander is on the Boardwalk while the Dunes Manor isn't (although it is only a couple of blocks from the north end.) Whether being on the Boardwalk is considered an advantage or a drawback will vary with the individual. There are lots of stores and restaurants there, and if you're there your ocean view will include a lot of crowds and noise.