LV weather in mid-June?

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 10:12 AM
Julie

LV weather in mid-June?

Hi,
What's the weather like in mid June? We are planning on renting a car and driving around the area for a few days... will it be too hot to actually get out of the car?
What's it like in November - Thanksgiving time?
Thanks!!!

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 10:14 AM
find

Please go to www.weatherbase.com

All the info you need in simple displays.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 02:30 PM
Jim

It will be extremely hot in June. Temperatures can easily be in the 100's. You'll be able to get out of the car without dropping, but if you plan to walk around a lot I would carry lots of water and sunblock. In November, it will be much more temperate, I would figure temps in the 60s and 70s.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 04:29 PM
J Correa

I would go in November. The temperatures will be much nicer than in June.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 04:40 PM
xxx

I was in Las Vegas at the end of November last year and it was cold! The daily highs were about 55 degrees.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 04:50 PM
Rich

Are you planning for June 2003 already? Geez, and I thought that *I* liked to plan ahead! ;-)

Summers in Vegas are impossibly hot. If you want to do anything outdoors, like visit Red Rock Canyon or Valley of Fire, you will need to do it either at the crack of dawn or just before sunset. From about 11:00-6:00 is really too scorching to do anything outside.

On the plus side, Vegas is much less crowded during the summer and you can get much better rates. I find it's a good time to go if you're mostly going to gamble, see the hotels, and do other indoor things because you can dash from A/C to A/C or, better yet, nap all afternoon and go out at night when it's not hot and everything is lit up.

Vegas is a great place any time of the year, though...you just have to adjust your plans according to when you're going.