Luggage lockers in Boston?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be flying into Boston next month early in the morning, planning to spend the day seeing the city; then we have a flight to Paris in the evening.

I've heard that they no longer have lockers at the airport or train station.

Any ideas on where we can leave our luggage for the day so we can go sight seeing?
Thanks!
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 06:25 AM

I think all luggage lockers are now closed by the TSA. Can you check in for your Paris flight as soon as you arrive in Boston? That way the airline already has your luggage plus when you get back from sightseeing you can just go straight to security as you will already have your boarding pass. Or maybe you can check your luggage from your home airport all the way thru to Paris via interline airline agreements and not even have to claim it in Boston.
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 07:34 AM

I've found most airlines VERY reluctant or refusing to accept checked bags too early before departure time ... often only 3 hours.

If you cannot check your bags all the way thru to Paris, then consider that you could just not bother to claim then at Boston until you've finished your sightseeing for the day. Do consider risks of security getting their shorts in a bunch about the bag, or that someone might steal it -- but I've had no problem so far picking my bag up late - it's usually at the airline's baggage office.
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.

We actually weren't planning to check our bags (we usually just take carry-ons), but I suppose we could check them this time.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can check them all the way through to Paris since we bought the two tickets separately, from unrelated airlines. We can at least ask whether that's possible, though.

Checking our luggage to Boston and not claiming it there for several hours makes me nervous.

Otherwise, though, it looks like we might have to rent a car, which seems sort of crazy in Boston.
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 12:41 PM

There is a hotel right at Logan, that may solve the problem. Stop there, and ask the valet/bell hop to check your bags for a few dollars, that way you won't have to worry at all about their safety and you can enjoy seeing some of Boston.
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 04:36 PM

Leaving your bags unclaimed at Logan would make me nervous, too. I have flown home to Logan many times and never had anyone check my luggage claim tags before I left the terminal - I could have carted off anyones suitcase and no one would have known.
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 05:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I stayed at the Airport Hilton last week after I got back from Spain. The Hilton Hotel is connected by walkway to Logan. You might ask them if you could pay a fee to check your bags for the day. They have a shuttle to the T from the hotel also. The T can be faster than taking a taxi from the airport sometimes. I booked through Expedia for $99 but you can usually get an airport hotel cheaper on Priceline although it would be a risk as to whether you would end up with one as convenient as the Hilton.
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

Hmm, it seems worth a try to ask to leave our bags at the Hilton-- we've got nothing to lose by asking, anyway.

kybourbon- can't wait to hear about your Spain trip! (see you at the GTG!)
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 04:24 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I would also make sure the train stations lockers were no longer available. The North Station would be the most convenient to the airport and sightseeing. http://www.mbta.com/contact_us/write.asp

Boston is in the process of redoing their T stops. The airport stop is finished and is really nice. Some stops are being closed at certain times and you have to take above ground busses that are being provided. Schedules are available on their website. www.mbta.com They are also changing from tokens to tickets. This is somewhat of a problem as some stops use tokens and can't accept tickets and vice versa. Last week the airport stop had about six mbta employees standing there teaching people how to use the new ticket machines. Some are cash only and some are cc only so you have to get in line for the right machine.

I need directions for the GTG. In the past I've found mapquest to be wrong.