LoveItaly???????

Old Jun 1st, 2006, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoveItaly???????

Is our mutual friend in Arizona enjoying her well earned break? I do hope it is fueling her heart and soul.
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 06:37 PM

Hi dear cmcfong. Our friend should be back in a day or so..this weekend I believe. I haven't heard from her since she left, I don't think she has a laptop with her. But in any case I think that she just needed to "get away" and relax and recuperate. I too hope and pray that this trip to Arizona will help her in all sorts of ways, she is such a love. I will post back here when I hear from her if she doesn't post first.

Best wishes to you cmcfong, I hope you are doing well and all is good and happy in your life. Big cyberhugs!!
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 08:28 PM

Hello again cmcfong. I just wanted to let you know I heard from our dear friend. They are home and she is fine..getting ready to go to sleep. I told her that you had asked about her. All sounds well, thank goodness.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

LoveItaly, you are so kind to let me know she is well. I hope the Arizona visit with DH and her best friend was curative and restful.
All is well here in beautiful North Carolina. I am up to my ears in our annual bike ride (three routes, 41 miles, 75 miles, and 100 miles over our three local mountains). It is a money raiser for our civic center and we have over 500 riders expected! WOW! I am sure I will sleep well tomorrow after it is all over.
Best wishes, LoveItaly and thank you so much for the information. Cheers.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:44 PM

Hello you two,
Cmcfong you are so kind, and it warms my heart. Your good wishes were well served, we did have a very nice time in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. It was so nice for Dh and I to get away and the Westin Kierland took good care of us. And then for my dear friend to fly in after my precious DH flew out, well it so good to be with those that love me most away and relaxing.
Have you been traveling too? Anxious to hear as you always travel to such interesting spots!

Dearest LoveItaly - thanking you for always being the bridge for all of us. You take good care of us and we appreciate it greatly! Such an unselfish soul, I hope it comes back to you in plentiful amounts! Mille grazie dear one.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:54 AM

Good luck with the bike ride/ fundraiser, cmcfong!
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:01 AM

Hi there cmcfong..you will sleep well tonight I am sure!! All of you atheletic people put me to shame!

Wishing both you and Tiff a beautiful weekend..and you two starrsville!
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:45 PM

Oh my goodness LoveItaly, me too! Did her message mean that she bikes all three of the routes for a total of 216 miles (gulp)? Or she gets to pick one of them? In that case I believe I would be on the 41 mile route, lol, or you and I could ahnd out waters and cheer everyone on, I think I would be better served in that capacity (LOL).

Way to go cmcfong! We are proud of you.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:03 PM

Hi Tiff, if I had to bike 41 miles I am sure you would be attending my funeral, LOL! Not sure if cmcfong is working on the fundraiser or doing one of the bike rides..cmcfong?

Tiff, you and I could be the "cheer them on" group I think, that would work!! Big hugs.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:24 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

LoveItaly, you are so right, can't you just see us on the side of the road handing out waters! I am sure cmcfong will post back and clarify for us "cheer 'em on" gals.

(you made me laugh out loud) \/
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

OH DEAR! Tiff, LoveItaly and Starrsville.... I am definitely a cheerleader for this ride. I am much better at handing out water and gatorade!. I do love to bike but I am not a road biker at all, too scared of cars and trucks. I stick mainly to mountain biking on trails.
Three couples organized this ride as a money raiser for our local civic center. We had over five hundred riders this year and one hundred volunteers. Check us out on the web in a couple of days when we get this year's photos uploaded! http://home.triad.rr.com/threemtnmetric

It is really loads of fun and we get such a great response...but it is also a load of work. I came home tonight to five annoyed puppies who wanted to play when all I wanted was a hot bath and a cold glass of wine. Of course, the puppies got their way.

Tiff, it is so sweet of LoveItaly to keep us in touch. I think of you often and am much encouraged by your recent postings. I loved your expression that you see the light. I also laughed as I saw her as mcheryl not rncheryl...and I was wearing my glasses!

Big trip this year is Argentina. Scarlett and I are having such fun planning our respective trips. In just a couple of weeks DH and I will be headed to Idaho for a week of hiking and rafting with three other couples. That will be wonderful! This year I have a big OH birthday and my idea of a great celebration is a trip a month!!!!!!
Have a lovely weekend all you dear ladies! Thanks for the good wishes.
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 10:35 AM

Either way cmcfong, well done, I will be sure to check out the website in a few days! After a busy Saturday, I hope all is well in beautiful North Carolina. The puppies will be happy to have you home!

Argentina, wow, that is going to be spectacular! I like your trip a month plan! Where do I sign up for that? hee.

Yes, LoveItaly keeps us all informed, she is the dearest, and when one of the chicks, so to speak, is away from our Fodor's nest for too long, we are grateful for her and her kind ways, aren't we?!? Not only does she always provide sound travel advice, but her heart is always in the right place, much like yours!

I have been busy since returning from Arizona creating wedding invites for a dear friend of ours. It's a little hobbie of mine, she asked and I was glad to help. It's fun. I handmade our own wedding invites, I must have been crazy planning a wedding and then designing and making 200 invites, complete lunacy, haha. I am glad now that I did though.

I am excited also to hear of your Idaho trip, DH and I loved it SO much there. It sounds like you will be out and about but if you do get back to our Coeur d'Alene, stop in to a restaurant on the main street, it is either called The Cellar, or The Wine Cellar (I believe it is the latter of the two). Your travel companions may enjoy it too. They have someone that makes a homemade pasta dish from scratch each day, and they have a lovely wine selection. They had a Caymus that DH and I love, that we hadn't been able to get for a couple years now. The owner actually came out to "visit" with us prior to letting us know he had it, I still am quite certain he was interviewing us to see if we were worthy, LOL. We passed and had a lovely time. Good jazz each night too.

Must dash off, golf is on, DH and I are addicted.
Much love.
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestion for Couer D'Alene. I will file it away for our next trip there. I loved that area and really want DH to see it, too. On this trip we will be about an hour north of Sun Valley in Stanley. Our base will be the Idaho Rocky Mountain Ranch . The plan is to hike and raft during the day and lounge about eating and drinking during the evenings. I love the outdoors and having a full active day, but at the end, good food and drink!
Enjoy the afternoon, Tiff. Always a delight to hear from you.