Immediate Assistance in Kansas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isn't travel related, but it is humanity related and I thought I would appeal to the Fodorite's of Kansas -

My mother and aunt were in a wreck this weekend on 400 hwy, 6 miles west of Fredonia. My aunt was killed. My mother has several serious injuries but by the grace of God, she lived.
(The wreck was caused by someone else driving wrecklessly...uninsured also...)

My mother is not only heart broken at the loss of her best friend, her sister...she had her dog with her too.

This is where my appeal for help comes in - The dog was seen running from the wreck site into the woods. She is a blonde colored, Shih Tzu and answers to the name of Deja.
This little dog was like a child to my mother. My mother can not get her sister back, but hopefully someone will read this and can help find her dog.

If anyone has been/or will be soon,in the vicinity of 400 hwy, 6 miles west of Fredonia, and has seen, or has Deja - please reply to this message ASAP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
God Bless
Kassanna
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 05:48 PM

Oh goodness Kassanna what a terrible and sad story. I am in California so of course I cannot be of any help to you or your family. But I sure send my prayers and very best wishes that your mother's little Deja is found. Blessings to all of you!
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your nice words. It has been amazing at how nice people are in the moments of tragedy. We never would've dreamed something like this would happen. But we just have faith that God has purpose for everything.

By the way, I hope to get to Italy one day. I don't think I should wait too long. Life is too precious. How many times have you been? I would love to hear your stories. It would be great to hear something positive right now.
Thank you - Kassanna
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 06:39 PM

My sympathies. Here are a couple of other forums for you to post your message.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum...36-Kansas.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/kansas/

Old Jun 15th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Austin - I had been looking but wasn't successful. So I really appreciate you forwarding me the links.
God Bless!
K
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 07:40 PM

I would suggest getting in touch with the local Humane Society or the SPCA in the immediate area and see if they can be of any help.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this tragic time. God bless.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 07:50 PM

check www.petfinder.com for other local shelters and contact them.

Was she chipped?
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Dear Kassanna,

My heart goes out to you at this very sad time. Losing a family member this way must be difficult indeed. I am so very sorry.

I pray that your mother recovers fully from her physical injuries and that little Deja can be found so as to give her the comfort she needs.

Blessings to you and yours.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 06:30 AM

I am very sorry about your mother's accident and your aunt's death. Be sure to call the Humane Society or animal pound daily and put flyers and posters out with a photo or description of the dog- maybe with a reward offered. Also put an add in the lost and found column of the local paper. Call the local vets and give them flyers or a poster, too.

Our prayers are with you.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 06:36 AM

How tragic and awful for all of you. You and your family are in my prayers. In addition to the resources you have seen, be sure and contact the local news media. Sometimes someone will see it and care enough to give this coverage.
God bless you.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 06:46 AM

You and all your family are in my thoughts. Hopefully the news in that area is reporting about Deja so the people can be on the lookout as well.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 07:28 AM

Also read the pet lost and founds daily- sometimes people will list a dog they found.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Suerich68

Kassanna,

My sincere sympathies to your mother. I hope someone will locate her dog.

My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Old Jun 16th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your prayers and support. We have contacted radio, newspaper, animal shelters, etc....
and we may have good news...someone found a dog that fits Deja's discription. I am on my way to see her. It is a 3 hour drive for me but whatever I can do for my mom and Deja I will.
Please say a prayer it is her and that I have safe travel.
I will let you know when I get back if it is her.
Blessings to you all.
Kassanna
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 08:17 AM

My sympathies and thoughts and prayers for you and your mother and your family.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 08:33 AM

Oh that is very hopefull news!
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 09:56 AM

The accident was probably worked by the Wilson County Sheriff's Office (along with the Kansas Highway Patrol). Contact them at (620)378-3622. They might be able to help.

Good Luck.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 10:20 AM

Kassanna,
I am so very sorry for this horrible incident. My heart goes out to you and your mom. My prayers for a speedy recovery and I hope that you come back successfully with Deja.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 12:11 PM

I'm so sorry about your aunt, your mom, and your mom's dog. I hope you find the dog and that she helps you and your mom get through all of this. After everything you mom has been through, hopefully her fate will be that at least her pup will be there for her. She can also be thankful for her thoughful child.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 03:46 PM
amaclise

Tell us! Is Deja found?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -