Message from CAPH52 on FFRR

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought many of you would want to know the update.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 06:33 AM

I saw her update and noticed the thread was shut down, so I'm glad I can respond here.

Thanks for the update CAPH and although you do have a battle ahead of you, at least you have the knowledge that it can be treated and look forward to many future travels.

We'll be thinking of you.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 06:36 AM

I know it was not about travel per se, but it is weird that they freeze a post of good wishes to a fellow Fodorite but leave threads like what to do in a bidet running..all a matter of taste I guess, but I don't see why the FFRR was frozen.
Good Wishes to Mr CAPH52!
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 06:43 AM
JJ5

Yes, CAPH, and here's another one:

My partner in the late '90's when I was finishing a M.Counseling degree program was a beautiful 25 year old red head who got this diagnosis half way through our rotation. I worked with her in our clinical partnership through it all for 2 years after that, and saw her weekly through her treatment.

She now just had a little girl of her own. And she is as happy as a clam.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 05:58 PM

Thanks, Statia and JJ5. As I told Scarlett, I love hearing those survival stories!
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 06:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I missed this thread's subject But I hope that CAPH52 will sail through as others I know have.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 07:03 PM

Hi CAPH, I do not know why FFRR's was frozen, very strange.

CAPH, we had a family member with the same problem and the Dr's actually told her she did not have long to live. Well how wrong they were! She lived to a grand old age. And you cannot imagine how many trips she took over the years. Each trip we received a letter from her advising where we should travel to next. How she would have loved Fodors, and how you would have loved her! And she saw her children married, saw grandbaby's born and graduating from H.S.

Again dear one, you are in my thoughts and prayers - you all are. And I will say to you again, I am in awe of you, you are a very strong woman. Peace.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 10:40 PM

Thanks, cigalechanta and LoveItaly. LoveItaly, let's just say I'm doing everything in my power to pretend to be a strong woman right now. I certainly appreciate your words of encouragement!

And, as it turns out, I can make this travel-related! Two or three months ago, before this nightmare began, my son went online and ordered tickets for the Brewers/Twins game in Milwaukee this coming Sunday. Last weekend, in an effort to be optimistic, I spent hours trying to find us a room in Milwaukee for Saturday night. Wound up with two reservations! My apologies to the people who feel that's unethical. But there was very little available. These are in two very different areas, didn't know which to go with, etc. Anyway, the plan was that we would drive up on Saturday and have a belated Father's Day dinner at one of the great German restaurants in Milwaukee (as I mentioned somewhere on this board, my son had two baseball games this past Sunday), spend the night and go to the game on Sunday.

As we were leaving the doctor's office today, having decided that my husband would start chemo on Friday, I said that I guessed we'd better cancel the reservations for Saturday. My husband said, based on what the doctor had said, he thought we should still plan on going! We talked about it and decided which one to cancel right away. And, of course, I can cancel the other up until 6:00 Saturday if need be. But I'm very encouraged that, at this point, my husband still feels he wants to go! If, indeed, he still feels up to it come Saturday, I think the mini-vacation will do us all good.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 11:27 PM
Original Poster

That is fabulous that he's up for the trip. Have a wonderful time all together.

I wouldn't worry for a second about a 6pm courtesy hold.

Hope all goes smoothly for this belated Father's Day/ mini-vacation!
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:19 AM

Oh CAPH, your weekend away sounds wonderful, and your husband sounds like a great man! With his attitude and yours you two will overcome a lot of problems. My sincere best wishes for a beautiful time this weekend. Enjoy every precious moment! Hugs to you.
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 03:50 AM

Caph, i'm just now seeing this thread but i've been thinking of you aLOT and will continue praying. Remember there is nothing that God and Science (medical docs) can't do together! Together, an awesome team. Hang in there and i hope you have a great weekend!
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:41 AM
cd

CAPH
'Hope' is such a joyful feeling, so that is what I pray for you and your family, that you not lose hope but continue to look forward to that day of healing. Bless you all.
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:35 AM

Thanks so much for all the kind words and ecouragement!
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:36 AM

I'm just now catching up with posts. So sorry to here about Mr. Caph52. A co-worker of my brother's went through this. Wasn't fun at the time, but is now 7-8 years in remission.

Find a good support group and now is the time to lean on your friends and family.
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 08:57 AM

Dear Caph52,

Just heard, and while you will be strong for Mr. Caph52, WE will be strong for you!

Many hugs and positive thoughts are coming your way to allow you to continue with the good attitude that you and he already possess.

Strength! And remember we are here for you!

Tiff
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
P_M

CAPH52, in case you didn't see my post on R&Rs let me tell you about this now. A few months ago a friend of mine got the news that she had a very rare and fast-moving form of breast cancer. By the time symptoms appeared, she was already in an advanced state. She started chemo right away and the mastectomy was scheduled. The prognosis was grim and weren't sure she'd still be here by now.

Last week she got her test results after finishing 8 rounds of chemo. They found not a single cancer cell remaining!! She is in remission. It was a miracle, but miracles happen every day.

Hugs and prayers for you and yours.
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:25 AM

caph--i'm sorry to read of the diagnosis but happy for you that it is hodgkins and not lymphoma. one of my closest friends was diagnosed with stage 3 or 4 hodgkins 2 weeks after having her 2nd child. and she is fine now. my father was a top guy at NCI for 30 years. he told me that hodgkins has close to a 100% cure rate. and while the next 18 mos won't be fun, he will be cured. it grows in a very predictable pattern (as opposed to lymphoma) so they know how to treat it successfully at every stage.

i hope he flies through treatment and all turns out well. have a great time in milwaukee!
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:00 AM

Fodors.com created Travel Talk as a place for participants to get and share advice about travel. To provide maximum benefit for travelers -- and to ensure that text and subject searches contain useful trip-planning information -- we restrict the discussion to travel. There are numerous venues all over the Web for conversations about politics, world history, and religion, or for parodies and salacious humor. The focus here is travel. I think they made it clear.
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:12 AM
OO

CAPH52...we will keep your family in our prayers. As others have said, this has become a very curable disease. Dealing with the treatment will be rough on each of you, but the start of the healing will begin this Friday. It feels good to be acting...so much better than waiting and wondering. Now you have the facts--take them by the horns and swing them!

Hugs to your whole family. You will find yourselves regrouping, drawing together even closer than you have been and will find new appreciation in everyday things we all begin to take for granted. Let us know how you are doing, too...you'll need an outlet and we are good listeners!
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:26 AM

CAPH52, Have a fun belated Father's Day travel weekend, post upon return.

There IB14U2NV, you sorry excuse for a human, we discussed travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -