los angeles hotel girls week?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello -- looking for advice on 4 night tues-sat am LA hotel in mid july for 3 women friends. we're late 30's and leaving newborns and hubby's behind and are hoping for a week of R&R and fun. we don't care much about beach mostly good pool so figured beach scene little slower then hollywood scene. our perfect day would consist of comfy beds, (2 beds and a rollout i guess) great bfast at hotel or walkable, then back to hotel for - must have- movies on demand, perhaps a massage or a swim, clothes shopping (walkable nice), cocktail hour and people watching at our hotel and dinners out a new fab places. perhaps catch a band or some dancing at nights. or even stay in one night and watch movies. like luxury & like people watching. (mondrian? chateau? W but ewww westwood boring!, peninsula - or is that to adult and beverly hills ladies place?, standard - think we can afford more?, could get deal at 4 seasons thru connection but not sure if meets requirements? argyle, fun? don't know about) anyway, young, fun but upscale for sure...great pool and spa and bar be great...thanks for any and all help...
Old May 13th, 2004, 03:28 PM

The Casa Del Mar in Santa Monica is hip--great lounge area that is pretty happenning in the evening. Close to shops/restaurants on Main Street. Don't know about their pool, though.

Forget the W in Westwood. Nice hotel but a bit isolated.
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:23 PM

Which of you is gonna be the poor sucker hoping for R&R on a sweet bed and ends up on the rollaway?

love
roxy
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Mel

Sounds like you should definitely stay in West Hollywood. I loved the Wyndham Bel Age, but I recall the room were jr. suites with only one bed. You could check if they have double bed rooms.

Skybar in the Mondrian is considered a big hotspot. I haven't been to the bar or the hotel, so I can't commment, but I do know that you don't have to deal with the doorman to the bar if you stay at the hotel.
Old May 14th, 2004, 11:53 AM

bbhanes, I recommend Le Montrose which is located on West Hammond and Cynthia in West Hollywood. It's an all suite hotel with a lovely rooftop pool, tennis courts and The very nice Library Restaurant. The rooms are equipped with DVD, Cd, satellite and cable tv, movies on demand, a gas powered fireplace and other nice amenities. The hotel has an agreement with a checker cab company and they can also arrange for a limo or a town car. The Beverly Center is about 1 1/2 miles away if you're in the mood for shopping. There are many restaurants on La Cienega which is not far from this hotel. Sunset is about 1 mile from this hotel. Check it out before you make a final decision.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 02:29 PM

bb - just wondering where you ended up staying? i'm considering a similar weekend for summer '05.

thanks!