Reload this Page >

looking forward to my first trip to NY

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:40 PM
Martin.Livingstone

Tomorrow (in 8 hours) we leave bonnie Scotland (Aberdeen - the Granite city) to visit New York for the first time to attend my brother's wedding. I'm really excited about it and i will let fellow Fodorites know how we get on when we return.

He is getting married in central park followed by a meal in Tavern on the Green. Included in the meal is a free bar until 10:30pm (200$+ a head!). Us Scots will test it to the max!

My wife and I (but not the rest of the wedding party) are staying at the Hotel Pennsylvania - we'll find out how bad (or otherwise) it really is!!! I've had a few pre-trip Lagavulins and Laphroaigs (finest Scots single malts from Skye) so at the moment i don't really care.

Slange!

Martin

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:03 PM
Ted

Ah yes, the fine single malts from Islay! Lagavulin is certainly my favorite. Enjoy NYC, and if you have time, check out the single malt selection at D.B.A. on First Avenue in the East Village. Also, try some of our small batch bourbons for a taste of America (also available at D.B.A.).

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:04 PM
Greg

I just got back from my 1st trip to nyc and all I can say is wow! You must walk down into Times Square and just stand and look around you. It is pretty overwhelming in my opinion! The people were all very friendly and helpful. Sounds like you are going to have a great time!

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:39 PM
martin

Nice one Tim - I did of course mean Islay rather than Skye.

I have moved on to Scotland's other national drink - McEwans Export (Irn Bru)!

Aahhh.....

An ode to Irn Bru

We hate Coca-Cola
We hate Fanta too (It's S***e)
We're the Tartan Army
AND WE DRINK IRN BRU
All together now......

Kind Regards

Martin

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:54 PM
Marty

Tim

Nice one Tim (not Ted). The bottles of single malt are finished, i'm onto the McEwans Export and i have to get up in four hours. Whey hey hey. Drop a phat one for me..

Slange
Martin