looking for some nashville restaurant tips

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is our first time to nashville we will be staying at the union station looking for some tips on top restaurants nearby
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

ttt thanks
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 07:41 AM

Arthurs is in the hotel (expensive, french) and I haven't tried it in years. Mortons is near; but it is a chain. Nashville is very spread out and if you have a car here are some suggestions: Mad Platter (Germantown), Capital Grille (Hermitage Hotel), Sunset Grill (Vandy area). One of my current favorites is Firefly Grill in Green Hills. Let me know what kind of food, how expensive, and how far you are willing to travel. Hope you are coming in the Fall when Tennessee weather is at its best. You will be near the stadium if you like football. Second Ave. is fun at night, as well as Dancing in the District on Thurs. nights.
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 01:22 PM

What are you interests? Do you have a car? If you can drive, I would second Billee's suggestion for Sunset Grill in Hillsboro Village. There are quite a few restaurants in that immediate area that you could try out. I'm not a fan of Mad Platter (good food, but not very comfortable). Capital Grille is good.

If you want something unique, the Melting Pot on 2nd is a great fondue place. I think they require reservations.
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the tips. we will be in nashville oct. 7-11 we were planing on walking or cabbing it. is this possible we are in to all types of food,thanks again for any tips you can give.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

last try thanks
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:37 PM

Union Station is on 10th Ave. There are lots of tourist type restaurants and activities on 2nd (not to be missed); but that would be a long walk and not very safe late at night. Unlike larger cities, you will need to call a cab as opposed to waving one down on the streets. You may be able to flag one on 2nd Ave, though. It is always packed with tourists. For the better restaurants you will need to travel farther. I would recommend renting a car if you wish to do any sightseeing. Our public transportation is definitely not "big city". You can; however, find plenty to do and eat within walking distance if you don't mind long walks! October is usually nice; but we can stlll have very hot days. Do go to the Frist Art Museum (very close to your hotel). Let us know more specifically what your interests are and what type of restaurants you prefer. There may be one worth a big cab fare!
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:08 AM

I love Midtown Cafe which I think is on 19th or 20th. Also Tayst on 21st is wonderful.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 07:30 AM
jw

If money is no object, try the Stockyard. Great steaks in a great old building, and they have a shuttle that will pick you up and return you to the hotel.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 01:15 PM

Zola's. Fantastic place. You will have to take a taxi to get there but it is well worth the trip. Zola's is off West End near the Parthenon.

Old Sep 9th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the tips. we will be renting a car after all sounds like we could use it. thanks for any other tips you can give
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 07:41 PM

Green Hills Grille over near the Green Hills mall on Hillsboro is one of my favorite Nashville restaurants.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 06:20 AM

Hillsboro Village (not that far from you) is a trendy place and I would recommend The Trace if you like trendy. Verago's on Division Street is really, really good for sushi. Try the Thai roll. Rumba around the Vanderbilt/West End area has great Brazilian/tropical food. I would say don't miss trying the mango mohito. The tuna is good, too. As you can see, I'm not much into the "meat and three" but I understand that The Palm downtown is really good and serves family style dishes.