Where to eat in Nashville

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be going to Nashville for the Bears/Titans game and were wondering what the good restaurants are. Also, where can we tailgate without a car??
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 07:19 AM

A fun place is the Wildhorse Saloon, downtown http://www.wildhorsesaloon.com/ Live music, good BBQ and try the fried pickes!
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Sounds good, thank you ceejay!! We will definitely go there.
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 05:55 PM

It depends on what you are looking for. Casual, up-scale, price ect.
These are my personal favorites.

1.The Bound'ry- GREAT food, atmosphere and funky decor. West End. Dinner for two with drinks will be about $100.
2.The Mad Platter- Great food, laid back dining. Dinner for two about $80.
Downtown
3.Sol Mios-Italian overlooking down town Nashville. About $80 for a couple
4.The Stockyard- Famous Nashville steakhouse. About $100 for a couple.
5.Marketstreet Brewery- Many different beers and good food. $50 for two
6.Mulligans Irish Pub- GREAT Irish bar with good food.
7. The Flying Saucer Bar - Next to Union Station - A bunch of different beers from around the world plus good pizza, chicken fingers, sandwiches.

A great website for visiting Nashville is www.nashville.citysearch.com

Tailgating:

If you want to go to a bar, The Wildhorse Saloon, Second and Goal, and Hooters (not my favorite, but I'm not judging) are all on 2nd avenue downtown (close to the stadium) Bailey's on Broadway is also a great sports bar. If you are looking for a place to lay down a blanket and eat your own food and drink your own beer, in front of the courthouse on the corner of second and James Robertson has grassy areas as well as a parking lot. This is also very close to the stadium.

If you have never been to Nashville before, you will find it to be a great place with suprisingly good restaurants, great nightlife and extremely friendly people.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 02:56 PM
LCR

My son and husband will also be traveling to Nashville for a Titans game in December. Does anyone have suggestions on a reasonable hotel nearby. They will NOT have a car either and will need to walk to the game, restaurants and other sites. Help please! [email protected]
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 03:00 PM

LCR - I suggest you post a separate question as this is Dusty's restaurant question.

I did very well in Nashville using Priceline.
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all the great suggestions. We're looking forward to our trip. We leave Friday for 3 nights. We wish we were staying longer, sounds like there's a lot to do.
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 11:07 AM

Dusty --
The restaurant list provided by PThurman is a good one and includes several of my favorites. However, you will be encumbered greatly without a car and should consider renting one. Also, if you are from Chicagoland, don't expect many of Nashville's restaurants to compare favorably with what's available in/near Chicago. If you do have a car available, I would also recommend Goldie's (NYC-style delli), Pancake Pantry, and Bonefish -- opened two months ago, south of Nashville, take the Cool Springs exit going west off of I-65 about 10 to 15 miles south of Nashville turn left at the first major traffic light then left again at the next opportunity. Bonefish [or, maybe it is Fishbone] is well worth the drive -- just make a meal from the Starters, and it will be an experience hard to duplicate in Chicagoland. Sole Mio is changing locations some time this fall and may be temporarily closed (it was closed last Sunday) -- so, you probably should call before going there. Also, for decent barbeque and side-dishes, Jack's is available downtown.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

bo_jack

Thank you for the additional information!! Let me know if you want any tips on restuarants in Chicago.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the information offer, Dusty. Although I live near Nashville, I worked near Chicago for the past several years and ate out most of the time -- generally in the Naperville, Warrenville, Wheaton area. In my opinion the restaurants in Chicagoland are (on average) the best in the country -- possibly in the world. I hope you enjoy Nashville -- except for the final score!
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

bo_jack
You're right Chicago does have wonderful food. It sounds like we are going to have a fun time in Nashville. As far as the Bears and Titans game, it should be a good game. May the best team win! Thanks for your help!!