Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Looking for reasonable lodging in the wine country

Old Jan 17th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for lodging in the wine country and was hoping for suggestions. We will be there for 2 nights (March 19 to 21). I would love to stay at an inn or B&B but found many of them to be expensive or did not allow children. I was hoping to find something $200 or lower per night. Also we need a room to accomadate 3 (one child 10 yrs old). I thought about River Terrance Inn, Napa River Inn or Creekside Inn & Resort in Gueneville. The River Terrance Inn looks nice but I heard it was far from the wineries. I would love any suggestions.

Thanks
Beth
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 04:38 AM

Have you tried Priceline.com? The 4**** Hyatt is going for mid-$50's in Sonoma, as well as Marriott/Embassy/Doubletree Suites in Napa for around $60.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 07:09 AM

We just stayed at The Hyatt Vinyard Inn in Santa Rosa. The rooms are spacious, well decorated and the hotel is within walking distance of some wonderful restaurants (Syrah). Also, you are within close driving distance of Sonoma and the Dry Creek Valley wineries. Our room was $135.00. You might get a better rate calling the hotel directly. Enjoy your trip
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 07:16 AM

There's no way you can delay by one night and make it Sunday and Monday nights? Friday and Saturday nights are the killers, in fact many places won't sell you one without the other, so a Saturday arrival is difficult.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 11:51 AM

Try the El Bonita Motel in St. Helena, www.elbonita.com A small motel, but excellent location and close to either Calistoga or Yountville.

I find Napa to be too far removed from things, St. Helena (we've enjoyed the Harvest Inn there) is a nicer location, IMO.

Your 10 yr. old would probably enjoy the tram ride at the Sterling Vineyards. Very scenic and a lot of fun. There are also a couple of BW properties in Calistoga that are great for families, we've even enjoyed the Comfort Inn there. ***kim***