Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Looking for places to go in St. Louis, MO for a teenager.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Chrissy

Where is a good place for a teenager to go in St. Louis, MO. I'm going to take her to the arch, but I cant think of anything else.
Something her age and exciting. No museums, something like a party place, not like a bar or anything like that.

Old May 12th, 2002, 01:09 PM
x

Baseball game,
Six Flags,
Grants Farm

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:12 AM
xxx

The Magic House.

Old May 13th, 2002, 08:14 AM
rebecca

is the teenager a girl or boy?And how old? I"m from st louis and I don't think a 16 yearold boy would like the magic house - let me know how old they are and i'll give you some suggestions

Old May 13th, 2002, 08:22 AM
carrie

I grew up in St. Louis and LOVED the Magic House. It is great for all ages. The Planetarium is also a fun thing to do. They have some really wild Lazar Light Shows. Also checkout the IMax Theater. If she is into shopping, The Galleria Mall in Richmond Heights could keep her busy for days. Six Flags is great fun too.

Old May 13th, 2002, 08:31 AM
xxx

The Zoo (one of the only free Zoos left)
The Butterfly House
Magic House is great especially if she likes science.

Old May 13th, 2002, 08:49 AM
alex

The Science Center in Forest Park. Laclede's Landing - pretty touristy but fun for sitting out by the river and people watching. Can be a party type atmosphere in the summer. You can also still take the Anheuser Busch brewery tour with a teenager (they just cannot taste the free samples . It is in/near the Soulard area which has many little cafes, restaurants, street fairs, etc...

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:11 AM
jamon

lacledes landing. its right down from the arch. also union station is very cool.both are right down town. and i agree definitely with the one poster a baseball game. its fun!!

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:34 AM
karen

I agree with all the above posters and wonder if the Central West End is still as fun and funky as it was in the mid 80s when I was at college out there. Great restaurants, boutiques and just a nice area to stroll! And yes, the zoo is a good idea!