Looking for a cabin to rent

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanting to plan a small family reunion with my family. I am looking for a cabin to rent that can sleep 7 - 8 people. I would be coming from out of town but my family is in the Pittsburgh area and the others are in eastern Ohio. Would like to find something midway. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 07:52 AM

Being literally halfway may be a problem but try for a cabin from a PA State Park. Clean, cheap and protected from the elements.http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...on/cabins.aspx
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 01:01 PM

If WV is an option, they have a great system of state parks as well!If it's not too far east, Berkeley Springs,WV, would be great for a small group with lots to do.
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

WV is definately an option. Though Berkley Springs sounds very nice I think I will need to find something a little closer. I will check out the PA state parks you suggested.
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 05:13 AM

The hocking hills might be farther than you want to go, but it offers a wealth of cabins. Our family reunion of 25 goes there every summer. There are wonderful geological attractions, trails, lakes and natural features. Search hockinghills.com and hockinghillstourism.com. If the location is OK, you're bound to find something you like.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 09:29 AM

Oglebay Park in Wheeling, WV, has some lovely family-sized cabins, assuming you're not looking for something too remotely rustic or woodsy - and that would be very convenient to Pgh and eastern Ohio (just a few miles off (I-70). Oglebay also has outstanding golf courses, a children's zoo and environmental education facility, trails, gardens and more.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 09:35 AM

Info on Oglebay at http://www.oglebay-resort.com/
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Well my plans for a family reunion last year just didn't work out. Going to try again this year. I'm looking at the cabins in Hocking Hills in Ohio as MacNaughton suggested. So many to choose from. Any suggestions for a family atmosphere and reasonablly priced. Also wondering if anyone has seen "The Tecumseh". Is it worth seeing. We saw a similar show in Armarillo, Texas and it was GREAT! What about the Hocking Valley Railway..worth the trip?
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 10:23 AM

I would recommend Oglebay over Hocking Hills. Have spent weeks with multi-generation family reunions at both and Oglebay has more options. If you use Hocking Hills, would use the city pool in Logan for swimming/water activities.