Notices

family reunion

Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
family reunion

Any suggestions on resorts or hotels near Columbus Ohio for a family reunion during the summer. Not a big family, but want something with a pool and activities around. Possibly near or in a national park would be good.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:30 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go to a search engine, such as Google, and type in "resorts and hotels near Columbous, Ohio".
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
TheWeasel

There aren't any national parks near Columbus. There are some state parks which you can find here: http://www.ohiodnr.com/parks/parks/default.htm

I doubt any of them have resorts or hotels inside, but you might find something nearby.

Old Mar 24th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks I will try the state park website. I have done a general search, but nothing outside of ordinary hotels came up. I guess I was looking for something similiar to a dude ranch experience--I know we should be in Texas or Wyoming, but Ohio is our only option. Thanks again
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 05:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The only national park I'm aware of is Wayne, located in south-central to southeast part of state. The Hocking area of this region has many lodging options to browse. Beware of Glenlaurel, however, since its name has been mentioned--somewhat negatively-- in several posts on this travel site.
Proximity might be an issue as it's atleast 45 minutes from Columbus.

An other area to consider is Mohican
State Park, located about the same distance from Columbus but in the north-central part of the state. I personally know of a hotel right off I-71 (name?)
with a great Amish-style restaurant (Der-Dutchman?) across the street. Canoeing, etc. all nearby.

My last suggestion is the Holmes County/Amish Country region located just east of Mohican and probably about 1 hour from NE Columbus. Although no big parks to offer, it surely has unique attractions and beautiful rolling hill topography to enjoy. (You may want to eat the great food AFTER you hit the back roads !!). If you've never witnessed the Amish people, Ohio is one of the very best parts of the country with which to do this. And it is much closer to Columbus than many people realize !!
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 10:30 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I grew up a few miles from Mohican State Park. It's a great place for a family reunion. The lodge there is fine. Many of Ohio State parks have lodges and cabins. We've used a couple for family reunions. They are a good idea. But you have to reserve early. They fill up sometimes almost a year in advance.