Search

Long Beach airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:05 PM
boiler

Long Beach airport

What is this airport like? It is my first time there and am wondering if it is big, hard to get around, etc?? Any random thoughts would be appreciated.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:21 PM
deb

Long Beach is the smallest airport in the Los Angeles area. Very easy to navigate.

I would choose it over LAX any day!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Mina

It's a great little airport. I would choose to fly out of there every time if I could. Baggage claim is outside, and is very small, making it easy to find your bags!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Russ

Yeah, I really like it too. After landing, it is nice to know that I can get from my aircraft seat to the seat of my car in ten minutes, and to the freeway another two minutes after that. After being ingrained with the typical airport hassle (you know, "honey, flight lands at 7, so I'll be home by 10" baloney) landing at LGB is downright refreshing. Plane lands at 7, home by 8:15!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:35 PM
boiler

Thanks for those thoughts. I am very glad that I chose to fly directly to LGB. I am still an amateur with the whole air travel "thing" but am happy that this is an easy airport to navigate. Thanks again.