Logan to Blue Line from arrivals

Oct 19th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Logan to Blue Line from arrivals

We have a flight that leaves very early in the morning, so we want to take the C&J Bus from NH to Logan the day before and stay over night.

I know there is a silver line bus from the airport to the airport subway station, and from there we can get to our destination.

My question is regarding the logistics of connecting at the airport.

Our C&J Bus will drop us off in the arrival area at Logan.

Do we just wait there for the next silver line to come by? Or do we have to get to a different area to be picked up? And if so, how do we get from the arrival area to the pick up area?

Since we aren't actually flying out that day, we can get off the C&J at any terminal if one is easier than the other.

Thanks so much for whatever help you can provide.
Oct 19th, 2013, 01:21 PM

Where are you staying? You don't need to stay in the city; you can stay at the airport and take the Blue Line or ( better) the water taxi into the city.

I have stayed at both the Hyatt and the Hilton at Logan (both inexpensive on Priceline) and they are fine places to stay if you wanted to stay at the airport for your early flight, and both have shuttles to take you to your terminal in the morning.

There are multiple terminals at Logan, each serving a different cluster of airlines. Your C&J bus will drop you off at any of them, and you can get the shuttle to either hotel or take the larger bus marked "subway" to the Blue Line. You don't ever need to touch the Silver Line. The Silver Line goes to the Convention Center area and to South (train) Station downtown.
Oct 20th, 2013, 02:09 AM

The drop off area is on the upper level. When i flew American,the pickup area was simply downstairs on ground level. Other terminals are probably similar. Pickup is roghtoutside baggage claim atea

For very early flightsyou also have theoption of driving to Woburn or a similar bus facility with service to Logan. The first bus gets to logan before security opens. There is a charge to park at woburn but it is very handy and cheaper than parking at Logan.
Oct 20th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick responses.

We are staying at the Four Points Sheraton in Revere. They have a free airport shuttle. We plan to arrive early the day before, get the shuttle back to the hotel, drop off our stuff, and then take the T to explore for the day. Our flight leaves the next morning at 8:30am.

I thought that most pickups are on the ground level and arrivals were on an upper level. Thanks for confirming this.

I'm sure once we get there, we can figure out how to get to the lower level. From there, we'll either call the airport shuttle, or take the bus to the subway to wonderland stations. The hotel also picks up people there.

Thanks again

versa2007
Oct 28th, 2013, 11:21 AM

Shuttle bus to Blue Line and then Blue Line to Wonderland and then shuttle bus to hotel will be a long trip. But the traffic between 4 Points Sheraton and airport can also be horrible depending on time of day. Trust me - that route is part of my daily commute. If you haven't prepaid, consider Courtyard by Marriott or Hampton Inn Revere. Both are about 20 minutes closer in traffic (less if no traffic). Better yet, as Ackislander posted above, the Hyatt or Hilton on the airport are both the most convenient of airport hotels.

Search this Thread