Logan rental car... easiest access???

Sep 21st, 2006, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Logan rental car... easiest access???

Just wondering if someone can tell me what car rental company has the easiest access at Logan Airport in Boston? I know some that are considered on-site... really are difficult to use.

I'm trying to find one... where we don't waste much time... riding vans, etc.

Thanks for your help!
Sep 21st, 2006, 01:53 PM

All the on-airport companies are clustered together. Whoever told you that some are harder to get to than others was wrong.

Now, another issue is that the City of Boston adds huge fees onto cars rented in Boston, including the airport, to pay for the new convention center. If it is possible for you to pick up and return a car in a contiguous but independent city -- Cambridge comes to mind -- you may save money.
Sep 21st, 2006, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Thank for the reply!

It helps to talk with someone that has previous first hand experience.

I thought I had found a site once that told which car rental companies were located closest to the terminal... but can't find it now!

Thanks again!

Sep 21st, 2006, 04:50 PM

Depending on where you are going after you pick up your rental car, you may want to consider another airport. For example, I like flying into Providence for the cape and avoiding Boston & Logan completely.
Sep 21st, 2006, 10:32 PM

You are correct. Some of the car rentals are located inside the airport and some are located a couple miles down the road toward Revere. Last year we almost missed our flight (think it was Enterprise) because we had trouble finding the car rental return, and getting the shuttle back to the airport.
Sep 22nd, 2006, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks MBnancy! I thought their might be some more aggravating ones to book with!

Ackislander and Starrsville were correct too... through Avis for an SUV there was a $10/day convention surcharge... that gets added at the end!

Good thing Boston gets good airfares sales... the hotels and cars will eat up that savings fast!