Lodging in Seward

Feb 17th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Diane

Lodging in Seward

I've searched all the threads but haven't found come across any relating to nice, clean places to stay in Seward Alaska.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Feb 17th, 2002, 11:04 PM
lcuy

if you have a caar, definitely Windsong Lodge. It is two miles outside of Seward, right before the entrance to exit glacier. Really clean, spacious rooms, beautiful view and fabulous food in the restaraunt. I'm sure they must have a web site.

Feb 18th, 2002, 03:56 AM
rqf

Check out a copy of The Milepost at a local bookstore or the library. Look under Seward and you will find ads for a number of hotels and b&bs in Seward.

Feb 18th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Donna F

We stayed only one night in Seward and did not have reservations thanks to my husband's policy that trip of thinking we should just wander around. I can't remember the name of the place, it was a bit shabby but CLEAN and the only room left in town that night. It was within the downtown area so we could walk to shops and restaurants. Alaska has very little in the way of chain hotels. If you aren't used to small locally owned places, things might be a surprise. Don't expect things like room service or free continental breakfasts. I won't look up the name but will just assume every place else was nicer and the place we ended up wasn't too bad. I don't want to give it bad press. The bathroom was very clean.

Feb 18th, 2002, 05:24 AM
Patrick

We stayed at the Breeze Inn. This is a fairly large motel type place right along the water in downtown Seward. We requested and got a "delux" top floor room with a great view. The room was exceptionally large and very clean. It was a lot like a nicer Hampton Inn or something like that, with covered parking below.
In the height of season in July it was $180 a night. Yes, decent motels are expensive in Alaska.

Feb 28th, 2002, 03:24 PM
sue

I can second the motion for Breeze Inn- not fancy, but clean, close to harbor,and you can have nice views of harbor/mountains.There are shops/restaurants in the vicinity, grocery store up the road right before you get into town. We stayed there in May right before their "peak" season rate $99.00 in 2000.

Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:59 AM
Alan Cleveland

If you'd be interested in having your own place, try Miller's Landing. The views from Lowell Point are awesome, and, the Miller's offer a whole variety of things to do on the water....

Try www.millerslandingak.com

Mar 5th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Shawn

I would recommend the Sauerdough Suites, an inn on the main strip. The proprietor was very friendly, and he served us breakfast in our room. The place is old-it used to be a dance hall (and I think a brothel), but nice. Did you check the B&B web sites? I think there are a couple.

Mar 10th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Joan

We are going to be in Seward this summer and have booked the Harbour view Inn. It was a bit cheaper in price than some. I read about in a travel book.I am hoping it is ok.

Mar 10th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Joy

Try Alaska's Treehouse. It's a B&B and we couldn't get reservations there last summer but it looked great.

We stayed at a place called The Beach House which was fine for us - clean, two houses close to a beach (but about a 15 minute drive outside of the town).

Mar 10th, 2002, 07:02 PM
kalena

Hows'it lcuy and Diane...

We found Windsong to be a very nice motel. New and very clean. The high point definitely was the restaurant, absolutely. Awsome food and an excellent selection of beer and wines! My sister and brother in law stayed at Sauerdough right in town for one night and found it just ok. They followed it with an overnighter in Fox Island that they raved about.

I assume you'll be there for the wilderness cruises out of Seward which are incredible. But Seward proper has little charm although it's a major harbor. We liked it far better under the trees in the outskirts of town at Windsong. In fact, on that night the northern lights were at their brightest.

Have a wonderful trip....we are loooking forward to our next visit!

Apr 17th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Trish

I know exactly where you should stay. We stayed at The Sweet creations Cabin snuggled in the woods for about $125.00 a night. We considered all the other places that the other posters recommended and realized while we were there, that we picked the best place to stay.It's adorable and has all the comforts of home.See it at www.sweetcreationslogcabin.com or go to bedandbreakfast.com to find it.

Apr 17th, 2002, 03:19 PM
dana

We stayed at the Best Western and really liked it a lot. Has history as well as needed amenities.

May 5th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Debra

Trish, please tell me more about the Sweet Creations cabins. It sounds great and someting what we are looking for. Something small and away from any big places that accommodate big groups.
Thanks

Search this Thread