Search

Little Palm Key

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Palm Key

Has anyone stayed at Little Palm Key in the Florida Keys?
I'm thinking about going for our anniversary in March and am wondering if it is worth the hugh expense? It sounds wonderful and like a great get away but dont know anyone who has actually stayed there.
Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks!
LindyE
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 09:31 AM

It is a lovely resort and with the exception of the miniscule beach, rather like a tiny exclusive Caribbean island resort.

It is actually called Little Palm Island and it is on Little Torch Key, about 40 min. from Key West.

If you are a person that gets antsy without your email or things, this could be a difficult stay for you. No phones in the rooms, no tvs. It is about quiet. They will set your table at waters edge for a sunset dinner and the water can run through your bare feet as you toast each other with excellent wine and carefully prepared tropical food.

We like it for about 3 days, after that I am ready for civilization. For an anniversary celebration, it is perfect. It is owned by the same group as La Playa in Naples.

It is exceptionally expensive. Last time we stayed it was over 750 per night. Maybe that is why I want out after 3 days ..... :

LMF

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:27 AM

Ouch. I didn't know it cost that much. I don't see the draw myself. But only you know what you will like. There is nothing there other than the island. And hammocks. And the personal service.

And you and hubby locked in romantic embrace...

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 12:49 PM
GoTravel

Agree with LMF. Impeccable service, relaxing, gorgeous surroundings but little to do. I got bored after two days.

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 01:47 PM

Plenty to do on Little Palm, just no contact with the outside world:

Breakfast in your lovely little hut
Massage (thai style) at the little spa
Maybe a pedicure and manicure but that may get messed up when you go bone fishing in the afternoon

Boat charter comes to get you...out fishing either back bay or in the Florida Straights. Do you catch a bone fish? If so, please release as they are not the stuff of dinner.

You catch a pompano? They will prepare it for you for your sunset-feet-in-the-water dinner.

Day two, another boat charter or a day in a hammock just catching up on all the reading you've been going to do for months. OTOH, there is always room service, Champagne and happy Anniversary.

Lather, rinse, repeat until you are ready to head back to reality. GoTravel says two days, I'm ready after three (my husband maybe two). How long will you last? LMF
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 02:02 PM

WOW! With that description I could live there! But seriously I have had brunch on the island and it was heaven. I am green with envy! Do it and tell us all about it.