Search

Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort

Hello all;
We were considering a stop for a couple of days at Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort enroute to Hilton Head but are unsure as to whether to book an oceanfront room at the Litchfield Inn or an oceanfront 1 bdrm unit in the Bridgewater Building. From comments on another forum it appears that the Inn is an older building which may have been taken over by the resort. and this may be why there is such a difference in price between the inn rooms and the rooms in the Bridgewater building. (approx $60 per night) A kitchen and the extra space/bathroom isn't critical for a couple of nights.

Any recent visitors to this resort that can comment?
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 11:56 AM

I've been wondering the same thing. Can't tell from their brochure or their call center reps. I've wondered if they are even on the same site.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 03:08 PM

I have a friend that has a really nice one bedroom unit at Bridgewater - contact Dave - [email protected] - If you need more space, I have a two bedroom / two bath condo at Lakeside Villas at Litchfield by the Sea - pictures and more info at www.litchfieldrental.com
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Original Poster

Thx for the info hemphillbrett, but I still don't have the answers I was looking for. I'll try again! We aren't able to stay an entire week, and short term rentals appear to be available in two locations: the Bridgewater building (1bdrm) or another location -- Litchfield Inn? This property shows basic hotel type accommodations (no kitchen) but with an oceanview balcony. As I said the difference in price per night triggers questions as to whether the inn is either in a less favourable location or whether it is a recently acquired older property still in need of renovations.

When I search for Litchfield Inn, it connects to the LB&G resort, but the website indicates "under construction" for most links. On their property map the Litchfield Inn is shown to the extreme south, off Litchfield Drive and appears to have a restaurant on site named Calypso?

Does this help? Any specific info or comparisons of the two properties you can offer? Thx
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 11:15 AM

My unit offers retals for less than a week - weekly price is a guide - let me know if I can help. I would say 25% of our bookings are for less than a week
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Original Poster

Thx hhb, but I was hoping for a more general impression of the resort and location of different properties on it. Suggest we refrain from discussing private rentals before admin views this as a commercial promotion.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 05:46 AM

We have an oceanfront villa at Litchfield not far down from the Inn. And we have stayed at the Inn. It is an older property and has been under renovation for a couple of years. They may have completed it by now. It is right ON the beach. Their rates are really quite reasonable year round. If you don't need a kitchen the Inn would be fine. There is an EXCELLENT place for breakfast almost at the entrance to the Inn--Eggs Up Grill. You will like Litchfield better than Hilton Head, by the way.
Good places to eat nearby--Murrell's Inlet (small town 5 miles up the road) has multi restaurants. The Island Deli and Cafe near the Inn is quite good as is Bistro 211. For a very upscale and delicious dinner try Frank's. Louis Osteen (Charleston famous chef) has opened a restaurant at Pawley's also--Louis's. For lunch, try Roz's in the Pawley's Island Hammock Shops--GOOD.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Gretchen -- this info was very helpful. We can easily survive without a kitchen as we'll only be there a short time. ON the ocean sounds promising so long as the rooms aren't too "tired". I located photos on one site and it appears there is a tower building plus older looking motel units. I may call next week and try to get specifics regarding the progress of the renovations.

I appreciate the restaurant suggestions too -- thx.