Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Lincoln Center-area restaurants open after midnight?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 12:05 PM
Karen

I know there are many threads on this forum about restaurants in the Lincoln Center area, and we are going to try one or two of them when we come in mid-March. But we have tickets to a Saturday night performance at the Met that doesn't end till midnight, and I wondered if anyone had a suggestion for a place to have a nibble and a nightcap before we return to our hotel (which is right in the same neighborhood).

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 02:16 PM
Ted

Saloon across the street will be open.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 03:26 PM
Flynn

Saloon closed - believe they lost their lease.

Karen, if you head over to Amsterdam or Columbus Avenue, there should be lots of places open. You may also want to see if Cafe Lumumbourg on W. 70th St. is open late.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 05:58 PM
huh

Cafe Luxembourg?

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:12 AM
Karen

I've been to Cafe Luxembourg a few times after Met performances that ended at 10:30 or 11. It's a great place, but they were always hurrying us to order because the kitchen was closing, so I'm pretty sure that's not an option. (Once we had our food, there was no rushing us to leave, by the way.) Any other ideas?

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 02:10 AM
Karen

Topping in hopes of attracting a few more replies. Thanks, New Yorkers.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 06:18 AM
travelbuff

Midnight is kind of late for a restaurant to be open in the city. There are lots of "dinners" open 24 hours that have good food and there will be a few places probably open if you walk up Columbus. But I would suggest having dinner before the performance and find a desert place after.

We are going to the Nutcracker tonight so on our way home I will make note of any places still open.

I would suggest a Zaggat guide, and check the closing times of restaurants in the area. Again, I don't think you will find many "good" restaurants open that late.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Ted

Walk north on any avenue except CPW and you'll find plenty of diners and other restaurants open at midnight. I doubt Zagat's will be much help, but you can try www.zagat.com. Also Citysearch may have a listing for late-night dining.
Enjoy!

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 06:27 AM
jhm

Rosa Mexicano (directly across the street from Lincoln Center) is open until midnight; Hudson Cafeteria in the Hudson Hotel between 8th and 9th avenues on West 58th street is open till 1 am.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 06:30 AM
jhm

for something cheaper, Ollie's (chinese) at 68th and Broadway is open till 12:30 am.