Search

Legoland?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 02:50 PM
SG

Legoland?

So how do you rate Legoland? Do I really want to go up there from San Diego? How's the drive?

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 03:20 PM
SD_Resident

It depends on the ages of your children. If under 34" there are only 3 rides to go on. If under 36" there are only 6 or 7 rides. There is a great playground and interactive fountains for the young (under 6), but IMHO, I wouldn't pay $45 to let my kids go on the slide. The miniland, cities made out of Legos is amazing. There are moving parts (trolley in SF) etc. If you like Legos then it is really neat. Most of the rides are pretty lame, oh I meant tame.

We much, much prefer to go to Disneyland. I take my 2 1/2 yr old there about once a month. Drive 90 miles each way the same day. We have a great time. Or, if you don't want to go to DL, SeaWorld IMHO, is also much more fun & entertaining than Legoland.

Have a wonderful visit to San Diego!

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Second Childhood

I would highly recommend Legoland for children 6 to 10 years of age. Miniland is terrific for adults too. When we went in March there was very little-to-no waiting. By the way, I agree that one of the joys of parenthood is largely reliving your childhood. I had a great time.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Monica

For very small children, Legoland is not worth the money. The playgrounds are cool, but $45.00 is a lot to pay for a playground!

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 11:56 PM
SG

Wanted to share this free coupon for an adult with under 3 child.

http://www.babycenter.com/lego/coupon.jhtml

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 07:05 AM
steve

Easy drive up I-5 from San Diego. I also think it is very overpriced, especially for the adults who have nothing of interest to do except look at the lego creations.

It is something you would probably want to do only once in your life (if that)