Search

Anaheim

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Albert

Anaheim

I will be on the Anaheim area a week in the next couple of weeks can you recommend things to do. I have a 2 year old and a 8 month old kid. Is San Diego far

Old May 6th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Ann

There is a lot to do in that general area ... Disney, Knotts Berry Farm, Hollywood, Seal Beach, Queen Mary (Long Beach) - all are nearby...

San Diego is a drive... but it's worth it.

Old May 6th, 2002, 10:32 AM
xx

Most of what Ann has recommended is not very good for children as young as yours. Besides Disneyland you might want to take a trip to the beach and try San Diego, the drive is not that bad. Knotts Berry is mostly roller coasters and more suitable to older kids. Can't imagine a 2 yo appreciating anything about Hollywood or the Queen Mary.

If your older child is into legos (duplos) you might want to take a trip to Legoland.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:19 PM
joe

Going to have to disagree with xx on Knott's Berry Farm. There are four coasters(one is very tame)but there is lots more.
Camp Snoopy is a section geared just for the toddler set with gentle rides and "ball" rooms etc.
The ghosttowm ,stagecoaches,train and mine rides would be enjoyed by all.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:25 PM
xx

Do not put your kids in one of those ball things when they are 2 years old. That age puts too much in their mouth. His kids are 2 years and 8 months.

Old May 6th, 2002, 02:01 PM
dorthy mintner

My husband Walter and I put our two year old son,Vernon, in one of those ball rooms once. We could not find him for nearly thirty-five minutes!
During that time he had managed to swallow three of the brightly colored balls.
I must say, it was quite a surprise when we emptied his potty chair the next day!

Old May 9th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Denise

We have lived 10 minutes from Knott's Berry Farm for 30 years and have taken children, grandchildren, nieces & nephews, etc. there dozens of times. It's by far the most popular, comfortable, friendly and safe place for babies and toddlers. Better prices than Disneyland, more relaxed atmosphere, & the kids LOVED Camp Snoopy!