Search

Legends of Rock Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legends of Rock Cruise

Has anyone here done one of these?

I heard one advertised on the radio yesterday. It leaves from Fort Lauderdae in January. I was intrigued...
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:51 AM

Who are the "legends" that will be appearing? the real thing - or just a bunch of cover groups?
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 10:15 AM

Made me look.

None of those bands are the least bit interesting to me.

Ugh. Too many old washed up/reformulated bands, too much booze.

Looks like the cheap berths are selling out. Better hurry.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Just curious if anyone had actually been on one...
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:44 AM

Why was my post removed.. Do you only want negative comments on here? I Just was telling everyone what a wonderful cruise it is.. SMH !
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:52 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Nina_Z: It appears the monitors thought you were advertising since 5 brand new members registered one after after the other to post glowing reviews.

If you weren't advertising - you can click the triangle next to your name and the monitors can probably re-place your post (what they take away they can reinstate if they think it is legit)
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:53 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
oops-that should read >>one right after the other
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:05 AM

I am in no way affiliated with this cruise or the cruise line, just a passionate fan. Please reinstate my comments
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:19 AM

Yall might be busy for awhile, I know about 2-3000 people that can put in glowing reviews for this cruise - yes it is THAT GOOD!
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:24 AM

I am in no way affiliated with the cruise.. I just heard through friends that negative comments were being said about it and I wanted to set everyone straight. I am a big fan of all the bands on this cruise and had the time of my life on last years.I frequently go on music cruises and regular cruises and was pleased with every aspect of last years Rock Legends Cuise. i would like my previous post reinstated. if not.. I will just say.. yes.. I was on last years.. and yes.. I wouldn`t miss January`s for the world.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM

janisj - Lake Como, Scotland & Jersey - quite a coincidence. Contact me on [email protected] if you want to know why these three places are connected!
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:49 AM

Ah, thank you JanisJ; I see where that might look a bit funny to have 5 new members post immediately. I agree with Nina though, we (RLC1/RLC2 cruisers) heard through the grapevine that a "somewhat" negative comment was posted on here, and being the passionate fans that we are, we rallied to defend our favorite cruise. We are not "advertising" but, in reality any "recommending post" on any topic is a slight form of advertising isn't it? Cruise On and Rock On!
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM

The grapevine? Sounds odd, but hey, rock on.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM

At NewbE - lol. Believe it or not, those of us who met on RLC1 and communicated via a "Discussion Forum" (such as those on here); dubbed ourselves "D.F.ers" for Discussion Forumers and created a Facebook page so we could all keep in touch with each other. That is how word spread about this topic on Fodors.

I hadn't heard of Fodors before, but when I read Jayne1973's post asking if anyone had done one of these cruises before, well - I had; so I replied. Unfortunately, the moderator removed my post. C'est la vie.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:21 AM

We went on RLC1. We had the time of our lives. So much fun. As soon as they announced RLCII we booked that day AND this time we are bringing 8 more people with us. Rock Legends Cruise II really needs to be on your bucketlist!

If you've never been to a concert in the middle of the ocean, on a warm breezy night, on one of the finest ships in the world, sharing a drink and a huge smile with 3000 new friends then you aren't living life to the fullest.

As far as some one saying "washed up performers", thats just wrong. These are talened artists (rock legends)that so many people love. "
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM

And yet the first-time glowing tout posters continue to post.

Based on prior experiences with first-time tout posters, this cruise is advertising heavily and should be avoided at all costs for violating posting board rules.

One should also consider whether you want to give your money to a company that encourages fraud on such a small scale. Not a good way to do business.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM

My wife and I were on Rock Legends Cruise the first, as an anniversary gift to ourselves. We had access to the bands (I personally sat with guitarist Bryan Bassett (Foghat), and his wife, watching George Thorogood & the Destroyers), and met so many people who have become fast friends. The charity involved with this cruise is top-flight as well, making these cruises well worth the time. We will be on board for RLC II,...can't stop rockin'!!
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:51 AM

@ Marginal - Please understand that the first RLC cruise is the FIRST and ONLY cruise I have ever been on; yes - at 53 years old; first one. Didn't even have a passport till then. So, I'm curious, how am I committing fraud?

I admit to being a new poster on here so I haven't read through the other forums. Is it so unusual to have people praise something they really liked? Or are the typical responses on here negative reviews?

Is it so hard for you to believe that so many people could all have a positive experience on a cruise? If you think we are all "fake", visit our FB page and see where many of us continue to make plans to attend concerts together, visit each other, and countdown the days to when we will all be together on our next cruise adventure. No sir! Not fraud - just friendship, fellowship and fun.

Try it; you just might like it.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:27 AM

We are not fools you guys.

We see this sort of crap all the time.

Any company that has to find touts to advertise is not worthy of anyone's trust.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM

@ Jayne1973 who started this topic; if you enjoy classic rock, I feel you would enjoy this cruise and I'd be pleased to meet you. Please look up the RLC DFer group on FB for more information and updates.

@Marginal

tout (tout) v. tout·ed, tout·ing, touts v.intr.
1. To solicit customers, votes, or patronage, especially in a brazen way.

As I am an office manager living and working in Upstate, South Carolina, I'm not sure how my posting in this forum is soliciting customers, votes or patronage for the EP&C company I work for. I, nor my company, stand to benefit from this "touting".

However, I know I will not win this argument with you. I would like to "un-tout" this cruise as far as you are concerned. You would not like it, I don't encourage you to go; in fact I really, really don't want you to go. As for joining Fodors.com for the first time today - thanks to you, Member Marginal, I will not bother to peruse any more of this website. If first-timers are subjected to such ridicule by the long-standing members, I don't want to be a part of this "club".

Too bad, there are probably a lot of nice people posting on all sorts of interesting subjects - except for you of course. SMH - it must suck to be you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -