LE Reve Type Show in New York

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anything remotely close to the Le Reve show at the Wynn in the New York, Philly, DC area around the holidays? Dec 24 - Jan 2.

If not what is a more modern show, I would even take a cirque du soleil production like show with Opera like music.
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 06:46 PM

Wintuk at Madison Square Garden

http://www.thegarden.com/events/wint...eil-11-07.html
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 09:10 AM

La Reve is an adult-themed show. I don;t think a boy's search for snow qualifies as similar.

I'm not aware of any Vegas-style adult shows in NYC - although there are naturally clubs with adult "entertainment".
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for both of your replies. I see both of your points of view so thanks. Wintuk I have on my radar, it seems it would be the best I could do since it is a Cirque du Soleil. nytraveler I understand what you mean and the kid like theme is what has me looking for something else, although I relate Le Reve to more of a Broadway show - not to adult entertainment- but with Cirque du Soleil style since it was created by the former art director. Thanks.
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 02:34 PM

nytraveler - Are you thinking of Zumanity? That's an adult themed Cirque show at NYNY in Vegas. Le Reve is not adult themed and kids are allowed in the theater. One last thing on that - Le Reve is generally considered a Cirque show, but it's not officially associated with Cirque. Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

FYI -- http://www.fuerzabrutanyc.com/tickets.html

This looks very close to what I had in mind. Maybe even better...
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM

This thread is really kind of weird. I can't think of anything even remotely like LeReve anywhere other than O, also in Vegas, as the common theme to both is water. LeReve is certainly not an "adult" show in any case.
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 04:14 PM

While Le Reve is not adult entertainment in the sense of a strip club - it is self-described as "provoactive" entertainment - and seems to resemble a Cirque show more than it does something aimed specifically at children - like Wintuk.

Am not aware of any Cirque like shows in NYC at the moment.

Old Oct 13th, 2008, 04:38 PM

not to beat a dead horse, but I think they only mean "provocative choreography" in the "exciting" sense, but not at all in any sexual or sensual way. I can't imagine anything the least bit more adult about that show than Mystere, O, and any of the others, in fact -- I'd say it was at least as much if not more of a family show than any of the others. If there was anything the least bit "adult" about it, it sure went way over my head! Some might say that The Little Mermaid on Broadway has provocative staging as well -- but hardly "adult".

Fuerzabruta may be just what you're looking for -- it certainly is "bizarre", although I have yet to talk to anyone who thought it was as good as its predecessor, De La Garda.