LAX to Maui on ATA Airlines?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just found out that our free air miles have to be booked with the least expensive carrier which appears to be ATA. Has anyone flown with them lately? Especially on a long trip? Any opinions or advise will be helpful. I read some really negative reviews posted a few years ago - perhaps they have improved since then. Thanks!
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:35 PM
TAW

We just flew ATA from San Francisco nonstop to Maui. Great trip, no problems, would fly them again. Enjoy your trip!
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:38 PM

Sherri...Just curious...what kind of "free air miles" do you have? I have never heard of having to use them on a carrier other than a partner or the one you earned them on...
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
lvk

We flew ATA from LAX to LIH (Kauai) in August, and it was fine --good service, on-time and no lost luggage . We also liked the fact that we didn't have to connect in Honolulu, which made the trip much shorter.

We seemed to be the only people on board who weren't on a Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays package.

Beachboi, maybe she has a Capital One or other miles-earning credit card where you just call the 800 number and they book you on whatever flight has ff seats available? I've done that several times on LAX-MIA trips.

Have a great trip.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:04 PM

ATA was purchased a year or so ago by Southwest. It will be interesting to see what Southwest does with them. I know you can make WN ATA connections now which may be a good thing.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flew ATA from LAX to Maui in November '05. No problems. Go on their website less than 24 hours before the flight and you can sometimes pull the emergency row seat.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. Lvk is correct in that we earned free tickets by using our Capital One Visa. We use it to buy everything and usually earn a couple of free tickets per year.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 11:30 AM

While I certainly recall ATA and Southwest entering into a code share agreement, I don't remember Southwest buying the airline.

I fly ATA OGG-LAX and back all the time. They have nice planes, give a free tropical cocktail, sherbet and hot towels, my flights have always been on time, and they even made a change in a flight me free of charge when it was clearly my mistake.