Search

lax hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2002, 02:44 PM
roberta

lax hotels

looking into the Radisson LAX, Crowne Plaza, the Sheraton Four Points, Ramada LAX, and the Holiday Inn LAX. Could anyone let me know what the best deal would be for five days in LA next week. Would like a nice hotel but dont want to go broke! I am going to see my stepson graduate from high school.
Coming in from South Bend, Indiana. Thanks

Old May 19th, 2002, 02:53 PM
ah

A question? Why are you staying near LAX for FIVE days? I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in February and ONE night was fine. For five nights I would have gone elsewhere.

Old May 19th, 2002, 03:24 PM
ac

I'd have to ask the same question on why you would select the LAX area for 5 days. Where is your stepson graduating from - which city?

Old May 19th, 2002, 03:43 PM
CAgal

Try Priceline. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com for instructions on how to bid. You can also find the list of hotels that PL uses in the LAX area.

Old May 19th, 2002, 07:09 PM
joesorce

LAX hotels have some great prices on the weekends but can by sky-high during the week. A friend recently booked through hotwire.com and got the Hilton for $58 plus $12 parking.
Will you have a car or do you need something with shuttle service right from Lax, and close by?

Old May 20th, 2002, 07:11 AM
nora

Do not stay near LAX, branch out closer to your stepson's living area/ high school and it will make your trip 100% better.

Old May 20th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Lori

Don't spend 5 days at LAX, that is 4 to many!! Check out Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhatten Beach just south of LAX. We used to live in the area but visit there now. There is a very nice Holiday Inn Express on Pacific Coast Highway (Highway 1) right at the Hermosa Beach/Redondo line, we've stayed there, very pleasant hotel. Also there are Best Western's in the immediate area as well as several other motel/hotel chains.
We recently stayed at the Sheraton Four Points (coming and going to Europe), it's an OK hotel for one night, no more then that tho. There is nothing in the area except other hotels and the airport. Try for one of the 3 cities I mentioned above, they are near the beach and much nicer all around places to stay.

Old May 20th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Susan

Do not stay at an LAX hotel for five days! You will waste so much time traveling back to your hotel from wherever you spend your days. Where is your stepson's high school? You can find good deals on hotels all over LA, not just at the airport. If you don't want to rent a car, you can take a cab to the area where your hotel and stepson's high school is located. Give us more info and perhaps you'll get some good suggestions on hotels in other areas.