Reload this Page >

Last Minute Disneyland

Search

Last Minute Disneyland

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 11:45 PM
SG

Last Minute Disneyland

I really didn't think we would drive up there, but now we may and I haven't done the research. We just have one day and a two year old. So if you could only ride about two adult rides which would you pick? And what is your order of must sees or do? Any tricks or tips? Is parking a problems?

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Carley

We were just at Disneyland for the day last Saturday and had a great time. We drove up from Escondido which only took us just over an hour. We were so surprised at how busy it was. We used the fast pass and found it to work well. When everyone else was standing in line for 50-75 minutes we would just walk right on the ride. We would get our fast pass on two rides and then do the rides that didn't have any line ups or have lunch. We thought it worked well. Parking was no problem but we were there when the park opened. Think it cost us $8.00 to park.

It's a Small World and the Matterhorn were closed. We love Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted House which was done up for Christmas.

Our nephew who is 8 was with us so was fun to see it through his eyes. I think that is the perfect age to take a child. He of course wanted to go on all the thrill rides and was quite happy Small World was closed.

Haven't been to Disneyland for 21 years when our son was 8 but have done Disneyworld and find it so much bigger than Disneyland. We had fun and were glad we did it. Thought Toontown was cute and it gave us a laugh. Have fun.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Shannon

Splash Mountain and Matterhorn (at night) if open. The Dumbo ride pleases everyone, including the 2 year old. It's one of the original rides and gets packed. If you don't want to drag your stroller, they have them there.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Emily

Hello! I have a 2 yr old and annula pass to DL. Definatley go to Dumbo & Peter Pan first, the lines there can get long, and they stay that way all day. If the baby isn't bothered by the dark, then go ahead on Pirates of Caribbean. Also, Small World is open now, it is decorated for Christmas. Matterhorn is still closed until January. Indiana Jones is great (for adults)& they don't have it in WDW. You can get a FastPass then go on Jungle Cruise & Tiki Room before it's your turn again.

The best trick is to get there before it opens, if you can. During the week (M-TH) it should be 10am. Go straight to Fantasyland, you should get through all the rides there by about 11:30am. Hopefully, your baby will fall sleep in the stroller and you can go on several adult rides; Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Splash Mtn, Haunted Mansion, Big Mtn Thunder RR.

Have a wonderful time!

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Clare

Not sure if you've already bought tickets or not but in case you're interested....we bought 4 all day Adult passes on ebay.com for Disneyland for $122. I believe we saved approximately $70. Since your trip is going to be short to begin with, you might want to look on ebay and save as much as possible! There's nothing cheap about Disneyland as you probably know.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 07:56 AM
paige

You will want to use the "baby Switch" pass. Ask at the beginning of the line. An adult can wait in line, ride the ride and the adult sitting outside with the baby can use the switch pass to skip the line. Fast passes work great too. Dont forget to check the wait times at the hub to help plan your day. Disneys California Adventure has a whole new section for kids and two park tickets are available. Have fun and be sure to see the Merry Christmas parade, your 2 year old will love it.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 09:13 AM
xxx

If you're at the front of the ride on Splash Mountain, there's a very good liklihood that you'll get very wet. Not the most comfortable way to wander around the park. Skip it and stick with Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:45 PM
katie

Baby switch does work. My brother and I used it with my 8 year old niece who is scared of several rides. No waiting for the second person.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:01 PM
xxx

"Baby switch" sounds good, but in reality it doesn't work. What two year old is going to be happy standing in line all day while the adults ride the roller coasters?

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 09:03 AM
x

Actually on a baby swap pass only the person who is going on the ride first waits in line. The other parent can wander around or go on another ride with the young one. When the original parent gets off, the other parent can ride. It really isn't necessary for the waiting parent to hang around.

Another great thing is fast pass. If you each have a fast pass for a different ride you can get a baby swap pass first, use the fast pass to go in the shorter line and then the baby swap pass can be used right after. Very little waiting. Actually I no longer understand why people wait in those long lines when they can use fast pass. I think it's just great.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Kristi

Like another poster mentioned, if you haven't already bought your all day passes you might want to look on ebay. I got mine on ebay during our visit in June and saved 40%!

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 12:05 PM
be

A friend of mine got a good deal on two passes to Disneyworld on ebay, but she also got burned on one that wound up to have all ready been used up.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Greta

Confused...??How could this have been sold on ebay if it was already used? Did she get her money back with ebay's safe harbor? I've been very lucky with probably 50 purchases on ebay and not a bad experience yet...knock on wood!!