Cedar Point Too Busy, Lines TOO Long......

Old Jun 1st, 2003, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cedar Point Too Busy, Lines TOO Long......

Cedar Point sounds like a blast but is it worth it considering the long lines? I'm travelling from NY and want to take in the Splash park as well..... but I don't want to turn around after 500 miles, $500.00 having gone on only 2 or 3 rides..... please, those that have been.... tell me your experience....
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 11:14 AM

The really long lines at CP are for the new rides. In the past, CP has issued timed entry tickets for that ride. There are many rides that you only wait 10-15 minutes for. My kids [13 & 17] turned down a trip to Disney World because it's too tame. If you can arrange it, plan to come on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, those are the lighter days.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:26 AM

I agree with Suzie. The lines for newest rides are usually the longest, but the other lines move fairly fast.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:03 AM
cd

I agree with the above posters. Please don't arrive on a weekend as the park is so busy then. We went to Cedar Point every year for about 10 yrs (while our children were in the house) We would be at the gates as SOON as they opened and do the rides that would have the longest lines. We would stay all day, not leaving until they closed, when we got tired, or just needed a break, we would take in a few of their shows. The talent is really good. Have fun!
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:07 AM

My Wife and I just went Memorial day weekend. Due to the cold weather the park was not that packed, however the new ride Top Thrill Dragster still had a 4.5 hr wait. The shortest the line got all day was a 3 hr wait. The Millineum Force had an average 1.5 hr wait while the other rides like Raptor and Mantis had 45 min to and hour. All in all I have to say it was still worth it. They also over the freeway pass were twice throughout the day you can get stamped for a ride at a certain time and show up at that time and walk on. It is free to everyone in the park, unlike at six flags where they charge you an extra $20 for it. We have whent to six flags the last two years and it doesn't even compare. If your into roller coasters Cedar point is the place to go. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:15 AM

They are offering the "freeway pass" system on all the popular rides. Go to cedarpoint.com for more info. Having worked at CP in college, the busiest days were Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. The slowest day when I worked there was Friday. Wed and Thursday were not quite as busy either.
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

thanks everyone for your responses..... sure beats the time I asked for a chicken francaise recipe at this site.... we will certainly take your advice and DEFINATELY go.... but on a Monday or Tuesday.... and hope that the weather is not too nice!!!!
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 05:34 PM

The lines are not that bad. I just went May 17th. I do recommend doing the park in 2 days. I think you may feel pressured if it is only one day.

The majority of the lines were about 1.5 hours. Try to go during the week, it is a lot less crowded. The freeway passes do help a lot. What a great service!!

We had a great time. I could not believe how much the park changed since I worked there in '90 & '91.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 05:43 PM

Just a little FYI -- the new coaster, The Dragster, was just shut down for 5-6 days. It just re-opened yesterday. Not sure if or how it will affect the line now, but there were MANY upset guests, as you can imagine.

However, there are still 15 other GREAT coasters to scare and thrill you!