Las Vegas - Trip w/ Buds

Search

Las Vegas - Trip w/ Buds

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas - Trip w/ Buds

I've been to Las Vegas a number of times but would like to do more than just gamble all night and sleep all day. I'm going with four old high school friends and we're staying at Caesars.

One night we will likely go to the steakhouse on top of Binions. We're not clubbers but are in our mid-30's. Any good bars or eateries we should hit? Again, not thumping music but a fun bar would be welcome. I've heard good things about Red Square at Mandalay...?
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 06:20 PM

try kahunaville at the treasure island my wife and me loved it. were both about your same age it's alot of fun with out the loud music. and they have some great flair bartenders so try to get a seat at the bar.
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 04:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Red Square is a pretty cool place - it's a restaurant and bar. Fairly quiet. Hundreds of different brands of vodka. I like to go there for a couple of martinis. If you and your buddies are more of a beer drinking crowd, it's probably not the best choice.

It's hard to recommend any particular place without knowing what you like but also at Mandalay Bay is the House of Blues, which usually has live music.

Voodoo Lounge at the Rio is also a good choice. Right at Caesar's is a bar called Shadows. It's more of a lounge. What makes it different is that it has topless women dancing behind a semi-transparent screen (you see them in shadow, hence the name of the place). Caesar's also has Cleopatra's Barge, but it's fairly lame.

Old Oct 28th, 2003, 05:00 AM

I'll second Red Quare and Voodoo Lounge and add the brewpub at Monte Carlo, Doubledown Saloon (off-strip), and only if you don't frequent the real NYC, Coyote Ugly at NYNY.
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

bump
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 05:08 PM

Also the bar at Spago gets a pretty good crowd. Inside Caesars forum.