Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Tour?

Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Tour?

My husband and I want to take the above tour from the airport. Any suggestions of reliable tour companies? I am seeing several online, however value opinions from those who have experienced it themselves. We will be traveling the first week in March.
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:45 AM

We were thinking of doing the same thing in February, but decided against it since it takes 6 hours each way with only 2 hours at the Canyon. We decided on the Valley of Fire, a 1 hour drive from Las Vegas. We'll save the Canyon for a Phoenix stay, with one night at the Canyon.
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

The tours that we are looking at pick you up at the hotel, take you to the airport and fly via airplane to the Grand Canyon. Then take a helicopter flight to the bottom. Take airplane flight back to LV. What I am looking at takes 6 hours total. I was just curious if anyone had any great sucess with a particular company.
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 03:40 PM

Guntersville, I'd just beware of companies claiming to take you to the "West Rim" of the Canyon. If you want to see the most well known, most scenic area of the canyon, make sure they're talking about the west Rim Drive at the SOUTH Rim. The Rim Drive runs both east and west of Grand Canyon Village and contains the canyon's most famous viewpoints (along with the North Rim, within sight on the other edge of the Canyon.) However, the West Rim the companies are talking about may be far, far to the west, in an area which may be good for rafting and hiking but not close enough to see the Canyon's most famous and spectacular vistas. Make sure you know just where your company is talking about.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 12:12 AM

I've done night helicopter flights with a couple of the LV operations. Thought Maverick was great and hope to do a Grand Canyon trip with them sometime this year.

First rate operation and a much better experience than the other operator we used (sorry, can't remember the name). Facilities, equipment and staff were all terrific (and I grew up in a flying family). We didn't have them pick us up at the hotel, we just drove to their operation at the airport, however thry do offer pick up and return to hotel.