Reload this Page >

Las Vegas-The Mirage

Search

Las Vegas-The Mirage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Loni

Las Vegas-The Mirage

Thank you for reading. I am trying to decide if I should stay at the Mirage as a Priority Guest. I guess you get a "suite with a view" and better seating at the Sigfied and Roy show. (This is actually the main reason for going there) SO,is it worth the extra money to stay in this place or should we go with a less expensive room and have more cash to spend. Really just wanted the good seats to Sig. & Roy!!!

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Rhonda

Loni, if getting good seats at the S&R show are important to you then you should go for it. I've stayed at the Mirage one time (don't think I'll ever return) Paid for a suite w/whirlpool tuI like to soak before losing my money) the tub had several pubic hairs in it (YUK!)called housekeeping to clean and disinfect the tub, they never showed up. The minibar was not fully stocked when we arrived-I always check unless it's one of those sensor type minibars. Well when we checked out, we were charged for the missing items in the minibar. The charge was promptly removed when we protested. I did indeed notify room service that there appeared to be missing items from the minibar. Don't assume that those things are checked by hotel staff after every guest departs. Oh BTW, their idea of making good on the "hairy tub" was by giving us vouchers for 1 free night in another upgraded suite. No thanks.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 03:59 AM
xxx

I'm trying to figure out how one determines that hairs are pubic hairs, particularly when you don't know whom they came from. Some people have short curly hair if that's what you mean.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Debi

I have stayed at the Mirage - and while I probably wouldn't go back (only because there are so many great hotels there....) I certainly didn't have the experience the first poster had. I had the experience of dirty room at the Aladdin. Every hotel has bad days. The Mirage is fine and it sounds like the really important thing to you is S&R - so why not stay there. The location is good, the rooms are not as unique as the newer hotels - but they are fine.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Benny

Siegfried and Roy is pretty much a joke these days.
It's no longer considered top flight entertainment, but hey, it's a free country.
People still flock to Branson and the trailer home business isn't disappearing, either.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Inspector Joe

To xxx:
Not wishing to be gross or graphic (though it can't be avoided), each different type of body hair is easily distinguished from others.
Pubic hairs are easily distinguished from head hairs, and armpit or chest hair is easily distinguished from leg hair...under the microscope.
Diameter, whorling pattern, etc distinguish them.
This is a basic science in forensic medicine.
And for Caucasians, you don't need a microscope to tell head hairs from pubic hairs or armpit hairs.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Jackie

I stayed at the Mirage last year and really enjoyed it. The room was beautiful, the location perfect, the pool is second only to Mandalay Bay's.

I would skip Sigfield & Roy, there are so many other great shows on the strip, this one is surviving on past reputation only.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 08:04 AM
xxx

Thanks for clarifying it for us, Inspector Joe. I wasn't aware that Rhonda took the microscope with her to Las Vegas. I also didn't know that she was able to tell who left the hairs to be able to identify what race they were. A little curly dark hair could as easily be a black person's head hair as a white person's pubic hair. But I guess since she's a scientist and had her microscope, she was able to tell immediately.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 12:53 PM
tjc

If the show is what you are looking forward to , a room at The Mirage will be nice.Other hotels are easily walked to. Have been at The Mirage twice since July - the standard rooms have been redone and are nice. Some suites have also been refreshed.Have fun and be sure to check specials at the Mirage web site.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Loni

O.K. ,
So what about staying at the Bellagio, or any other recommendations that can be made would be appreciated. Thanks, again, Loni