Good restaurant in Seattle

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 07:16 AM
gianni

Good restaurant in Seattle

I am in Seattle and I look for a good restaurant for a tomorrow dinner with some colleagues.
NO asian, OK italian, french or (better) seafood / american (We are Italian).

Price is not a "real problem" even if I don't want do pay more than 35 / 40 $.

It's ok the "Painted Table", I read a comment on it on an italian newspaper.

Please give me your advices., grazie.

Arrivederci, ciao.

Gianni P.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Wendy

Gianni the Painted Table is ok but there are better restaurants in my opinion.

Some of my personal favorites are Dahlia Lounge (NW), Chez Shea (French), Campagne (French), The Met (steak), Waterfront (seafood), The Brooklyn (seafood & steak- great fresh oysters!!)

Enjoy your trip here in Seattle.

Wendy

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 09:12 AM
elaine

Wendy,
Thanks for endorsing dining at Dahlia Lounge!
Our dinner for four in August was wonderful.
gianni, if you have access to a fax, phone and have them fax you their menu.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Don

Here's a link to their Web site, with the dinner menu (which changes daily, but they can fax you that day's offerings):

http://www.dahlialounge.com/dahliamenu.html

Hope this helps...

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:29 AM
John

Everybody raves about Tom Douglas' places (Dahlia Lounge et al) and while they're certainly good I'm afraid I don't fully get it. They are convenient, though, I'll give them that. Noisy and predictable also, depending on your luck.

If you can get there before sunset (for drinks, then dinner) consider Ray's Boathouse at Shilshoe Bay, or Anthony's Pier 66 on the central waterfront. Both have excellent food and great views.

Chez Shea at the Pike Market is an excellent idea, also Campagne.

But my first pick would be Rover's in Madison Park - http://www.rovers-seattle.com/ Great food, beautiful place, nice neighborhood. It might be a little out of your price range, though.

For Italian you might consider Il Terrazzo Carmine in Pioneer Square - very reliable and good.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:12 PM
gianni

Grazie.
Any suggestion in Bellevue / Kirkland?
Ciao.
Gianni P.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Wendy

There is only one restaurant on the eastside that I would recommend and that is Cafe Juantia. It is in Kirkland and is truely awesome! I consider it a fusion of Northwest, french and northern Italian. Holly Smith is one of the NW's best chefs.

9702 NE 120th Pl
Kirkland, WA 98034-4206
Phone: (425) 823-1505

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Wendy

mis spelling sorry!

Cafe Juanita

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Kameha

We also had a wonderful meal at the Dahlia Lounge and the Flying Fish ?(I think that's right). But we really loved the Pink Door. No sign out front - just a pink door that you enter and go down steps. We sat outside looking over the water. The view was great, wait staff were friendly and relaxed, food was awesome. They had jazz music inside and a person reading tarot cards. It was just a fun evening!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Pam

We travel to Seattle frequently..and some old stand bys just keep being on top..Dahlia Lounge and Campagne are two great recommendations. If you have time check out Salumi in Pioneer Square..nothing fancy but definitely worth the trip.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Pam

Also..for some good italian food in a great neighborhood atmosphere try Mama Malina's in the U district. We always are in Seattle for my birtheday and this has become a regular stop. Poppa might sing some Puccini for you.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Wendy

Pam, I work just around the corner from Salumi! Isn't it great? Gianni (and others) this is only for lunch as they are only open Tues-Fri 11-4. Salumi is owned by Armandio Batalli (Mario Batalli's father) and does wonderful cured meats, sandwiches and pasta.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Rich

Flying Fish on first avenue is WONDERFUL! Stumbling Goat near Green Lake is EXCELLENT! Third story fish house in Kirkland is great! Dahlia Lounge is very good. Ray's Boathouse is supurb (and a Seattle institution). Andaluca is an experience. Palomino on 5th Avenue in the Pacific Center in very popular and "chic" (OK food).

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Deatra

Is the Painted Table still there? or has it turned into the Library Bistro? What/where is Andalucia? Is that Spanish food? Does the Garden Court at the Four Seasons still have jazz at night?

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Dick

Yes. the Painted Table is still there and I've heard that they changed their name but don't know what it is. Andaluca is a charming little place - sort of Mediterranean food. Very good. Only problem is the rest rooms are inconvenient to get to!