Las Vegas-Rio Suites Hotel: Any info??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 3-day seminar I am attending in September is being held at this hotel. Does anyone have any first-hand info about it? Any information would be appreciated. The room rate quoted is $106 per day. The last time I visited Las Vegas was in the late '70's with my husband for the Vietnam "River Rats" reunion!
Old May 25th, 2003, 01:29 PM

We stayed there for 3 midweek nights in December. Paid $160 for all, and that included a couple of eating twofers.

The negative is that it's off the strip (which I knew when I reserved there, and it didn't bother me.)

The positive is that it's an all-suite hotel--the rooms are about 600 s.f., though strangely laid-out. One big room, plus bath/dressing area. The room has a large dorm-size refrigerator, as well. we loved it....
Old May 25th, 2003, 01:33 PM

My husband and I stayed at the Rio for a couple of years in a row. The rooms were large and nice. The view if you get a Strip view is great, the mountain view is fine also. Just ask for a high floor, you don't want to look out onto the parking deck.
They have many restaurants, they all seem to be very good. We ate in Buizios seafood restaurant many times, the Lobster salad was very good.
My favorite restaurant there is the Voodoo Lounge. Go at least for drinks just to see that view at night!
They have a famous buffet, we never went to that. They have a few pools, one with a sand beach and the misting thingees that keep you from dying from the heat.
The rooms:
the entire wall of the room is floor to ceiling window. The beds are king size, there is a dressing area, fridge, coffee maker, iron/ironing board/hair dryer. And a large vanity with a sink, stool to sit on and I think a magnifying mirror. The bathroom is large enough, another large vanity with sink and the tub/shower has a window high in the wall that looks into the room and out at the view.
Service was always good.
They have this Carnivale theme and an entertainment called Masquerade in the Sky which is fun.
The first time we were there, Danny Gans had his own theater there, now they have different shows.
I think you will like it.
Only real downside that I can remember would be the cab over to the Strip but that never bothered us.
Have fun!
Old May 26th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the great information, bookhall and Scarlett. Where did you get that great hotel rate, bookhall??
Old May 26th, 2003, 03:36 PM

Mid to late December (Rodeo week notwithstanding) is the slowest period of the year in LV, with lowest rates.
Spring and fall are the biggest convention months, with generally higher rates.
Old May 26th, 2003, 05:25 PM

Gplimpton nailed it. The period after the rodeo finals and before Christmas is their slowest time of year. It's about Dec 15-25. I also purposefully scheduled the LV nights, of a trip to Zion-Bryce, to be midweek.