Reload this Page >

Las Vegas- Need help planning 40th?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Dee

What should I not miss for our 40th b-day's? How will the weather be in December? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Vic

December can be quite cool and sometimes rainy and windy. Are you going to gamble? If so, this IS your entertainment and you won't be outside much.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 02:43 PM
thereuare

Tix to Mystere or "O" (i prefer Mystere, but others prefer "O").

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Andy

Dee-

Make reservations at either THe Bellagio Hotel or the VENETIAN==

Then make dinner reservations for your birthday at Le Cirque- it is in the Bellagio and is superb!!!! An elegant circus,designwise- with fabulous FOOD.

Then take in Cirque Du Soliel or Mystere -- "O"-- on of them is at the Bellagion and one is at Treasure Island, I think---

Weather could be cold and rainy- it was like that when I was there in Feb. but if it is, RENT a CAR as CABS get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the strip and will cost a bundle if you don't want to walk in the rain....

If you stay at the Bellagio,make sure you request a room overlooking the Dancing Waters-- very pretty!!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 12:16 AM
happyal

if money is no object stay at bellagio
withroom facing the dancing waters or
stay at paris hotel (it should be cheaper) with room facing the strip .
it should have same view.
great places to eat.
1)steakes
arime bellagio
belmonico venition
cmith and wollensky

french
a: andres in monty carlo
b: eifel tower (great view)

all around
a:le-cirq bellogio
b:aqua (sea food)bellagio
c:ferraro's(italian) local add.

weather wise mid 50's and sunny and at night40's and cool and as always windy
day and night.

shows:
2:myster
3:jublee (topless,true vegas show)
4: danny gans (one man show)
also check the city ent. there is always good concerts in vegas
have fun and happy b-day

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Dee

Hey everyone - thanks so much - most of you are mind readers. We're booked for the Venetian and have purchased tickets to Mystere. Can decided on where to have the birthday dinner though - either Aureolle (because of the wine tower) or Le Cirque. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 07:15 AM
vegasbaby

Piccaso or Prime

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 07:45 AM
gamblin

Circo

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:26 PM
kkkk

Auerole is nice to see but everytime I've been there, the "wine girl" has only gone up the tower once or twice. Unless several patrons order full bottles, you won't get too much entertainment from it. Their focus on the menu is their 3 course prix fixe and that runs about $80 per person. The food is very yummy but if you're only going for the wine tower, you'd probably be better off visiting the place for a glass of wine (BTW, very cool electronic wine list - never seen that before)or dessert after you've eaten somewhere else.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Dakotah

If you have time for another show, try Blue Man Group at the Luxor. Next door is another consideration for dinner- the "Rum Jungle" at Mandalay Bay. They have a great 9-course Brasilian "tasting" meal that's delicious, but come hungry! After 10:00 PM, it turns into a fun nightclub!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Kevin

I thought BMG was boring after the first 15 minutes.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Andy

Dee--

I LOVE Le Cirque Rest.in the Bellagio-
it is intimate-smallish-fabulous elegant decor- supreme service-gorgeous waiters and the food is to DIE FOR!!!

It is worth every ridiculous penny spent! Savor it==

And an old Vegas Standby- for French-is also ANDRE'S--Not on the strip though....

But to me ,something special is definitely Le Cirque- HOWEVER< it is VERY hard to get reservations unless you are staying at the Bellagio--

Call the Concierge at the Venetian,since you are staying there and tell them it is for a BIGGIE BIRTHDAY and see if they can help you...

We actually stayed at the Bellagio ( and never wanted to go home-the service was better than the RITZ Carlton!) and we called ahead for reservations to Le Cirque for 2 monthes- and they said all booked- or call back 1 month before-Bottom line-EVERYTIME we called, we could NOT get reservations...So when we checked INTO the Bellagio, we walked up to the Concierge and asked if it was POSSIBLE to get a table ( there were 8 of us!) to Le Cirque- SHe asked what nite and we said "tomorrow"-and bingo=it was DONE!