Search

Las Vegas - In expensive and Good Buffet on Strip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas - In expensive and Good Buffet on Strip

Hello,
I am looking for In expensive and Good Buffet suggestions for Lunch and Dinner in the STRIP. Suggestions and price if you know?
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 03:39 PM

Inexpensive is an interesting word... I guess it's different for every person. What's your price range?

My favorite buffet on the strip is at Paris. I believe dinner runs $20/pp (could be more- I don't remember). However much it is, it's worth it! They have a crepe stand- I visit that one at least twice. The Mirage buffet is also pretty good and in the same price range. Their macaroons are excellent!

That being said, I think the Orleans buffet is one of the best deals in town. Dinner is $10-12 (I think they recently raised prices) and the food is pretty darn good. There's 5 or 6 different food types plus a salad and dessert bar. I know the Orleans is off-strip, but there should be a free shuttle there.

My 2 least favorite buffets are Mandalay Bay and Treasure Island. TI's buffet is full of tastless food. Mandalay Bay's buffet is very small for what you pay. Granted, they have king crab legs, but if you don't eat those, it's not worth the money.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 04:19 PM

I will second the Paris Buffet. We had to wait, but it was well worth it. None of that peel your own shrimp crapola. These were huge peeled shrimp with just the tail and ready to be dipped and eaten.

From what I can remember, they had a huge salad bar with a great cheese selection, shrimp, and crab legs split down the center. You didn't have to fight to get the crab meat.

Then there were 4 separate food buffets with selections from various regions of France. For example, the Brittany section of France had stuffed sole and some of the best mussels I've tasted. I don't remember all the various sections of France, but they did have an Alsace and a Provence section. It was Superb!!!

It was very popular and you had to get a reservation time. I would definitely go back.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:33 PM

Another great buffet is the Spice Market Buffet at Aladdin. I liked it as much as or better than Bellagio's, and it was not crowded, little or no wait. Excellent variety. I think lunch was 14.95 and dinner maybe 19.95.
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 12:41 PM

We just got back from 5 nights at the Mirage. I don't know what their buffet was like before, but it is under renovation now. They have tried to do a scaled down buffet in one of the conference rooms, but it is really sub-par. All meats and fish were very dry after being kept over little flames for hours. I would not suggest this unless they are back in regular quarters. We also loved Aladdin's and the one at Paris. Have fun.
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 09:34 PM

Aladdin's is great for lunch brunch or dinner, but skip it for breakfast. On the sidewalk between Paris & Aladdin, we found coupon booklets with $5 off an "early bird" brunch or dinner....I think it was valid Sunday 9 to 10:30am and evenings 4:00 to 5:30pm. Great deal for a great meal.

From the Barbary Coast you can take the quick hourly shuttle buses to Gold Coast or Orleans for good cheap buffets, $6 to $7 lunch and $9 to $11 dinner.
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 07:29 AM

"Inexpensive - Good - Strip" should never be used in the same sentence. There is an occasional bargain, but you kinda get what you pay for when it comes to location, location, location. I'm a huge fan of the Bellagio buffet but at $33, it only meets 2 of your requirements. The Main Street Station downtown, is a great bargain, but only meets 2 of your requirements. I would rather not suggest eating at a cheap place, on the strip, with BAD food, pick one of the other options. Paris and Aladdin have good buffets also. I agree with what someone else posted in not being thrilled with Mandalay.
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 11:42 AM

Although it's not on the Strip, the Palace Station buffet("The Feast") is pretty good and has excellent prices. They have omelette stations for breakfast and the food is pretty good.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 11:14 AM

I vote for the Aladdin Spice Market Buffet. It's not quite as exotic as Bellagio, and much better tasting food and presentation than the Rio (off strip). Also, if they still have it, sign up for the $25 Aladdin Slots contest, and I think you get a $20 coupon for food, plus other extra's. That makes your meal almost free.