Breakfast Buffet - Las Vegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any recommendations for a good breakfast buffet in Las Vegas? Strip location preferred, off strip okay but NOT downtown. Thanks.
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Lola

There is a cafe in the Rio hotel, just off Strip, that has a huge breakfast buffett. They might serve right to your table also. They have their own bakery and tahe cinnamon rolls are as big as soccer balls ! and taste much better!

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 08:22 AM

Paris hotel probably has the best breakfast buffet anywhere in Vegas, and it's right at center strip.
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:16 AM

I vote for the champagne brunch at Bellagio!
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 08:45 AM

How much do you want to spend? I take it that you want "reasonable"? (That's seems to be what most people want on this board.) Well, I shouldn't assume, so here is a spectrum of options:

1) Bally's Sterling Brunch. Spendy. I think it's around $55. Highly recommend this one.
2) Bellagio's Brunch, $25. Pretty good but there are many reports that the quality has gone downhill a little. Two people at my table had one or two "bad shrimps." Which is unacceptable in any establishment.
3) Paris Buffet. I think it's around $15. People swear that this is THE buffet in town. That's a little debatable. The renowned crepe bar isn't THAT good, and they're thick like pancakes, not crepes. Oh well, people like them nonetheless. And it does have a pretty nice atmosphere.

I don't recommend going cheaper than that. Buffet food can be dicey in the low price ranges.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 08:33 AM

Dear Frsnk
We were in LV in January and had a great buffet at the Luxor. It was reasonably priced and the food, surroundings and service were excellent. We also tried the Excalibur which was awful and should be avoided at all costs.Although only slightly cheaper it bore no resembance to the Luxor.
Hope you have a good time wherever you end up.
CM
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 08:39 AM

Lest we forget, a twofer isn't ANY good unless the buffet is good to eat.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 05:50 PM

Hell, I'm so hungover in the morning I think they're all good! Any upscale place on the strip is going to be good....How hard is it to make a good breakfast? Dennys can make a good breakfast.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 07:37 AM

i actually really enjoyed aladdin.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 05:06 PM

iam astounded about the requests concerning "breakfasts buffets"..ah come on people breakfast is breakfast its not haute causine!!!! how many ways do u want your eggs? scrampled,fried.perhaps an omlett,belgin waffels,sides of ham,bacon,grits,
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 05:56 PM

I am not a buffet person, but have especially never understood the idea of a breakfast buffet. Unless your desire is to eat a ton of food, breakfast is the least successful meal for a buffet. Eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, bacon -- nearly all breakfast foods are far better cooked to order and served immediately, so I can't imagine the success of a breakfast buffet.
We stayed at the Mirage and "thanks" to a special we got buffet breakfast included. People were raving. I found it bordering on the grotesque. I would have preferred going to a regular coffee shop and having someone cook my breakfast to order, but I don't enjoy doing a 50,000 calorie breakfast.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 06:26 PM

Mmm Patrick, I agree with you! After a night of eating and drinking in one of those really good restaurants, then staying up late, I love to have coffee and rolls in bed in the morning.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:47 PM

I Max, Patrick, Scarlett, come-on! The poster requests your input to good buffets, not your opinion as to the virtues of buffets. ..Frank, I concur with cringle33, in recommending Paris. It offers one of the best reasonably priced breakfast buffets in Vegas. Certainly you can spend more for more, such as the Sterling, but competitively priced, Paris is one of the best. Aladdin is also good, as is Bellagio.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 07:29 PM

speedo, Fiddle dee dee! you give your reply the way you like and I will post the way I like.
These threads are not strictly question and answer, they are nice when there is some discussion.
I still prefer coffee and croissants in bed!
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 08:38 PM

I answered to explain my experience with the breakfast buffet at The Mirage, sometimes acclaimed. I'm sorry that I felt it wasn't great. Was I supposed to lie and say it was the most spectacular meal I ever ate? Sorry, guess I was wrong. I thought this was a place to post opinions. In the future I should know that only "positive" responses are allowed. What is the point of that?
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 09:47 PM
jor

check out the Howard Johnson in North Las Vegas. Good eats and free parking.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all those who responed with their many good suggestions. Breakfast buffets come in handy on days when you want a hardy late breakfast. It allows you to skip lunch, with more time for gambling, sightseeing, etc.

As they say "to each his own", but someone must enjoy those breakfast buffets, virtually every hotel offers one.

Speedo called it right, I wasn't asking for opinions on the merits of breakfast buffets, I was asking for recommendations for good buffets that people had experienced and enjoyed.

Thanks again to all those who made recommendations.
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 02:46 PM

The reason we chose a breakfast buffet was that often we went to the restaurant and looked at the menu board to price up what we fancied and invariabely we found that when we added up our choices it always came out cheaper to eat the same things at the buffet. They had freshly made to order eggs and we could have as much or as little as we felt like. We didn't go to stuff ourselves to the gills with food but we like the variety of choices, maybe just a little of a few things rather than a lot of one item. It's not everyones cup of tea but we enjoyed it.
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 05:01 PM

This may sound like the answer is really quite obvious but I'll ask anyway.
Is the buffet at the Paris american style or is it french?
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 07:35 PM

I'd think it would have to be an American style breakfast buffet. Who'd go if it was French breakfast? A giant table of baguettes, croissants, orange juice, and coffee.?